Vintage steering

61mysteryboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anybody have any idea where I could find a steering bezel like this? It is from the late 50s early 60s. it is severely pitted and would like to see if I could buy one in better condition to save me the big expense of having it rechromed. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• photo305353.jpg
    photo305353.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Almost impossible to find. I'd consider sanding it smooth and have it powder coated.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
http://www.sprayonchrome.com/index2.html
Check out this stuff. But I've had some luck with a good brand of rattlcan chrome spray. Sandblasted in my cabinet blaster, filled the pits with body filler prime and spray. Cheap spray was more like a mat finish. Your results may vary. Do a test piece.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The powder coating option is a good one. They do have powder coat that comes real close to mimicking chrome and with never pits again. You will have to sand it down and make it as smooth as possible, but the powder coat will make it look great. JMHO

61mysteryboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds good. I found a home powder coating kit on Eastwood for under $100. I'm going to give it a try. I'll post the results. Thanks for the input