Splash of the year nominations for 2018!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned L

Commander
It's that time of year again, for is to collect nominations for the 3rd annual Restoration Forum Splash of the Year! This is open for any iboats website members to nominate their favorite boat that has been splashed back in the water after significant work, restorations, building, modifications, etc..

The Moderator team has created a great set of boiler plate rules for the contest, very similar to last year's rules.

Good luck to everyone. I know there are some excellent vessels that have been splashed this year that are very deserving of this honor!

Please read the rules carefully:

MOD DRAFTED RULES:

Conditions:

1: Restoration, rebuild, redo, rehab or re-worked project must have been well documented @ iboats forums. With good reference text and pix posts.

2; Nominated member must have been active prior to the nominations starting (early Dec) AND be willing to commit to being active after winning PLUS agree to return and help manage next years SOTY process including paying for the next year's winner plates and plaque shipping.

3: It will NOT be an iboats sponsored award.

4: Members MUST have 5posts to vote in the SOTY poll. The Mod/admin team can and will look into voting irregularities, and has had to in the past.

5: This is not a popularity contest. It is stipulated that if you had a good buddy help on a resto, encourage him to join (the Iboats community) and vote. But not every random person (who you likely don't even know) who reads your posts on Facebook should be joining solely to vote. It will further be stipulated that ballot box stuffing, as deemed by the Mod team and iboats admins, will be dealt with. This includes removal of a nominated boat from consideration plus possible banning of the nominated member for unsportsmanlike conduct not in the spirit of the award.

6: This a nomination, voting and award by members: fellow peers here at iboats, that have followed a resto, probably assisted at some point along the way and want to recognize your hard work and dedication to completing your resto. Again, not a popularity contest open to voting for everyone that works where you do, the dominoes, square dancing or hockey group you're a member of or open to all your Facebook, Twitter or other social media "friends ".

7: No 'self' nominated boats, boats must be nominated by another member.

8: Again, as noted above, this is NOT an iboats sponsored award or poll, and there should be no expectations otherwise.

9: SOTY winners may be contacted by iboats admin or corporate staff to possibly be featured in a newsletter at some future date. This is not a endorsement (paid or otherwise) of the boat or owner by iboats. It should be a badge of pride to have been nominated, and is a great honor to be voted the*(8th annual) " Starmada Splash of the Year 2018 winner ".. Or the 3rd annual "Restoration Forum Splash Of The Year 2018 winner".

10. The nomination, win and plaque are the ONLY recognition or award. There is no award or prize of any kind from iboats.

Please post your nominations in this thread and paste a link to the owners rebuild thread. Please dont include pictures in this nominations thread. I will contact each of the nominees by Private Message to confirm that they wish to be entered in the award contest. I will add their info by updating this top-of-the-page post. Nominations up to a maximum of 10 will be accepted until midnight EST Jan 12, 2019.

After midnight January 12, 2019, a new voting thread will be created that will show all nominees and a link to their rebuild thread for your review. As in past years, I expect that 1 or 2 pictures of each entry will be included in the voting thread, usually a before and after shot. You will be permitted one vote for your favorite boat that was splashed in either forum in 2018. Voting will end at midnight EST February 3, 2019.

Cheers! and Good Luck to the nominees

Archbuilder' Fugly (accepted)
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...y-and-splashed
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_303474.jpg Views:	1 Size:	661.8 KB ID:	10685654

chevymahers 1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon (accepted)
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boa...just-acquired-a-170-horizon-assembly-required
{no splash pix}

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks Nel

Great choice Sam, added to 1st post

archbuilder just needs to accept nominations and obligations listed above in the 1st post

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nope .. This gunna be a slim year for splashes ? Gotta be some others out there !

Ned L

Commander
I have not heard anything from Arch either.

There is someone I would like to nominate, but he is not quite done,... he’s looking at next spring now.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just heard from him Ned ... He’s been busy working on the hanger .. Just waiting to see if he excepts the nomination ..

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks I will accept the nomination. That is very nice of you to take Fuggly into consideration!

Ned L

Commander
Thanks I will accept the nomination. That is very nice of you to take Fuggly into consideration!

I received your acceptance last night. Very Good! ... Glad you accepted as I was going to nominate you as well.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
No voting thread yet that I see? Jan 12 has come and gone.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Bump again.

Paging Ned L to the SOTY podium,

Polling topic setup help
​​​​​​https://forums.iboats.com/forum/foru...-iboats-forums

Unfortunately, the rules were only crafted by iboats admin and mods after voting irregularities occurred 2 or maybe 3 years in a row. Otherwise, as noted in the nomination topic posted for 2017, the member agrees to participate and 'manage' the next years voting if they win. Its up to Ned to start the voting (poll) topic.

The mods dont run or manage the nominations, the poll or the award, we merely help facilitate those topics and edit prior posts to reflect the status of nominees and their acceptance of the nominations.

Obviously life has caught up w Ned and he's lagged in setting up the poll. The voting end date will have to be adjusted, but that cant be established until Ned surfaces and starts the poll. The length of time the polls are open can remain the same.

apologies to the nominees that the poll hasnt yet been started. Hopefully soon

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
On second thought, ANY member that nominated a project can feel free to start the poll topic if it speeds up the start (and end) of the poll topic

Sound good?

just post a link to the poll in this topic and set the poll to end 3wks after its started.

use 12Mid EST as the end time

also send Ned L a PM w a link to it as well

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.