1969 Invader tri hull restoration

JRammit

Recruit
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	825.8 KB ID:	10683126 I hope ive come to the right place... My friends and family don't seem to understand why this 15' long hunk of fiberglass and rotted wood in my driveway has me so excited..... When i tell them i just got a boat, i get one reaction.. Then when i show them the pictures, i get a completely different reaction... Its the strangest thing

But i have a feeling someone here knows how i feel!..... Anyway, here she is after phase 0.00001 (make less of an eye sore phase).... She cost me a half tank of gas to go get it, and two new trailer wheels to pull it home... Not a bad deal!... And i should be getting a clean title in the next few days

Also, this is my first "real" boat... An upgrade from the 12 ft jon boat i haul around in my pick up bed... So obviously also my first restoration, but thanks to the internet and YouTube, i at least know what im getting myself into... And im not detured!

So look for me here with a plethora of questions, and plenty of pics as i go along in exchange for your help!

Attachments

• photo304945.png
    photo304945.png
    736.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JRammit

Recruit
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	527.7 KB ID:	10683134 Inside view.. Casualties = one baby tree and a colony of angry ants

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looks like you're off to a good start. Take plenty of pics and measurements. Structure has to go back in and will be better than factory when you are done. Probably use 3/4" acx or bcx exterior grade plywood. Available at local big bos stores or lumber yards. There are other materials but you should research.
Keep on posting and asking away. Lots of good guys here to help out.

JRammit

Recruit
One question so far... If you can tell from the picture, the hull only has one stringer... Every video ive seen so far shows 3 or 5... Is this right?... My boat is just shy of 6' wide (5' 10")... There was no floor when i got it, i did pull out some cross beam supports but they did not look factory.... I planned on putting it back together the same way, one stringer with a few cross beams (bulkheads?), just wanted to know if that sounds right or not

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Welcome to the madness and I joined not too long ago and there are so many knowledgeable people on this forum, it has helped me tremendously. Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Buck.