1989 Bass Tracker cap removal

Ga Troutman

Recruit
All,
I've been lurking for a while and have learned quite a bit so I decided to join. This is my 1st post.
Anyway, I purchased an '89 Bass Tracker to restore for my oldest son, who has dreams of becoming a pro bass fisherman.
As I am removing the cap, I have every part loose except for the floor in the middle of the boat. I have a jack and 2x4 on both sides and have been working putty knives and wooden shims, but it doesn't seem to want to release.
My question is, if I CAREFULLY use a heat gun, would this do anything to the adhesive holding this down? I'm not worried about the gel coat because I intend to repay the entire boat.

Thanks for any help.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Take some pics, email to yourself, put in a folder. Then you can post immediately.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I agree, you should have already taken tons of pictures. You can never ever have too many of them. And even what seems useless at the time, snap a picture. Amazing how many times pictures come in handy when figuring things our later on. And also start posting them on here for us to see and we can answer your questions at least knowing what you are dealing with as well. JMHO

Ga Troutman

Recruit
Thanks guys. I have taken a ton of pictures. Sometimes 3-4 of the same thing, but different angles. I started working on the boat Wednesday after work and end of day today, I have the engine pulled, electrical pulled and the cap pulled loose except for the center floor. I have until April to complete it. That's when bass tournament season starts for my son.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i did one and it was screwed down around the lip in the floor , if yours is glued you might just have to take a oscillating tool and cut around the bottom edge to free it up

76Terry

Cadet
Excited to hear more! I have started a bass boat aswell and am trying to find as many example as I can to help me through the learning curve.

Ga Troutman

Recruit
Just as a follow up. I studied the pictures listed above and decided to cut out the floor in the cockpit area. It looked as if that"s what was done on that boat.