62 Lone Star El Dorado restoration...maybe.

edgepa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
P_20170402_151859_zpsivbpm0f7_edit_1491230294679.jpg

I have been slowly getting an El Dorado Custom ready for restoration. I have it at my in-laws so I have only been able to work on it when I get up there. This boat is such a beauty!

​​​​​​Unfortunately, the restoration may not happen it.... It is sitting right on the edge of the fire that is sweeping across Northern California. The good news is that the family got out safe. Hoping the project will continue.....

edgepa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks. Of course we all know in the big picture boats don't matter. And there is so much loss others are experiencing. I guess I hope the boat is there so their house is there so the neighbor's house is there...

oldrem

Commander
Dang - sure hope it all makes it. That looks like a real classic.

froggy1150

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Fires suck. When I lived in ca I as a youngster I did assist as a "fsa" fire suppression aide - those guys that cut fire breaks- and also did livestock rescue, mostly horses (our family had a horse trailer and rig) even the heat from a distance is intense.
prayers

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
There's on of those boats about 5 miles from my house in Oklahoma. I drive by it every day. My Brain says stop... but My Age says NO MORE BOATS!!! I'll try and take a pic next week

ab59

Ensign
I'm 30 miles from Chico we seem to be caught in the middle of these suspicious fires . Hope your boat makes it . Paradise is completely gone and Magaila is not doing to well either . With 42 dead so far I'm glad to hear that your family made it out. We have a few shirttail relations up there as well . Three family members lost houses but at least everyone is alright . Still raging.

edgepa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks everyone. AB, glad your relatives are okay. The pictures of the damage have been horrific. It looks we may get news today. We know most of the homes just south of them are gone... Approximately 60 homes. But two of three right behind them are still there. So there's a little hope....

ab59

Ensign
Sorry to hear that , looks like a total loss . A very bad fast moving fire , 56 dead and more than 100 still missing not looking good. At least all your kin are in good health so blessings for that at least.
Have you seen the boat yet ?

edgepa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks to all for the concern. We can't get up there so I don't know about the boat. It was away from the house so who knows. Looking through pictures of the destruction across the town, it is weird to see things that remain behind practically untouched.

edgepa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well, it's been almost a month and we still haven't been able to get back up there to see the damage first hand. But a neighbor shared a photo of my mother-in-law's car in the driveway... Image-1_01.jpg

it seems untouched by the fire! The El Dorado was parked off to the left... So still some hope. Trying to get up there this week.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hopefully the structure behind the car was not your house !
There is still some green around maybe a good sign ...