1973 Century Resorter - Help with Inspection

John C. Wheeler

Recruit
I am considering purchasing a 1973 Century Resorter located in Burlington, VT. I live in North Carolina, so I’m trying to find someone familiar with the early 70’s Resorters, who would be willing to inspect the stringers and cross member on this boat. I’ve heard that the early 70’s Resorters have a wood cross member attached to the stringers, through which the driveshaft runs, which is prone to water damage. Therefore, I would like to find someone available to inspect the stringers and this cross member on this Century. Also, if anyone has one of these early 70’s Resorters with this cross member, I would appreciate a picture of it, so that I can visualize what the problem may be. My current boat is a 1988 Resorter, which does not have this cross member. Thanks for any help you can give me with an inspection, or pictures of the cross member and stringers. You can contact me at:
Jack Wheeler 910-687-0211 jwheeler1947@yahoo.com

Chris51280

Master Chief Petty Officer
there is a FB group that has alot of members for the older century boats "centuryboatclub". They may be able to help as well