Looking for Seat covers

GMan Canada

Recruit
Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum, so if this is the wrong place to post, my apologies. Please let me know how to move it and where the correct spot should be.

I have a 2002 Lund Mr. Pike that has some worn spots & tears on the stock Lund vinyl seats. I'm looking for something simple - seat covers. The seats themselves are in great shape, only tears in the vinyl. The tears are along the seams where the different coloured pieces of vinyl are joined.

I've looked around and everyone wants to sell me complete new seats for $100+, which I don't need. I'm looking for a source of seat covers. I can find car seat covers in a million locations, (I tried car seat covers, but they are all way too big and look silly). No one seems to sell boat seat covers.

One store has only full seats. Another had seat covers for about $20 each, but when I called their cust service last month, they told me there was zero stock nationally and they were in process of being discontinued. I've tried some small local boat shops and they've said "Never heard of them, good idea, we wonder why someone doesn't make them."

Does anyone know of any sources for seat covers that fit boat seats?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

harringtondav

Commander
Try taking a seat to a local upholstery shop and get an estimate on a new seat cover. Unless you keep this boat under a cover, and out of the rain, the foam has likely deteriorated. Unfortunately, a $100 replacement seat may be less expensive. BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand...or a few hundred. Can't help you with after market covers. If you know someone who's handy with a sewing machine, they could probably get you by for less.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

there is more than $20 in vinyl covering a seat
most places sell the whole seat because most of the time by the time the vinyl wears out the seat base is rotten and the foam is shot.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I do upholstery. If your seats are similar to these, then cost to reupholster them would be $75 per seat. I don't do very many of these because I usually tell my clients to buy new ones UNLESS they can't find the colors or same style of seat.

2002-Lund-17-MR-PIKE.jpg

GMan Canada

Recruit
Thanks for the replies.
I have no doubt that there is more than $20 in vinyl on a seat plus the time & cost of labor to sew, I'm not questioning the value, only the need to spend the money at all. A complete new seat or new custom vinyl upholstery seems like expensive overkill to me. I've noticed zero degradation of the seat foam, once that happens it will be a different story...

I'm really just looking for a slip-on fabric seat cover like the ones you can get everywhere for cars.

It's surprising and disappointing no aftermarket companies make these for boat seats. I may try a car bucket seat cover again and cut it down with scissors and resew the seams to get it to look decent.

Thanks again.