Capri 1750 Complete Restore :) & 9 Months to do it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpenfield

Staff member
I am enjoying your woodworking skills. Foaming the hull can be a challenge. Sounds like you did fine.

Redtruck12

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sounds like a very successful day 😎👍
i keep thinking that I will be short on foam.
just to clarify, you used 2 gallons cans (1 gallon of each part)?

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Sounds like a very successful day 😎👍
i keep thinking that I will be short on foam.
just to clarify, you used 2 gallons cans (1 gallon of each part)?

Yes you are correct. 1 gallon of each part. 2 gallons in total.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
just a question , looks great , but seems you are missing engine mounts in the engine cavity or did i miss something?

dezmond

Hey Micky. You are correct. I haven’t put them in yet. I’ve been holding off in case I find me a newer engine and drive. I figure they can go on anytime. I plan to give it another month or so before I mount them. I got lots of other things to do in the meantime;)

dezmond

Hahahahhahaha. Most of the time I’m a scatter brain. Right now I’m trying to decide what to do next. Finish fillets along deck edge, lay resin in the deck, start my bow searing layout, maybe go and check my old wiring, I wonder what’s new on iboats, etc.

At least something is getting done. ;)

Chris51280

Master Chief Petty Officer
Yes. Not good. There is a risk of galvanic corrotion. I thought abot this too with the bolts for the transom plate. If moisture gets in there you get the whit powdery stuff from the aluminum

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Unless you are using plastic screws, yiu will have corrosion from the screws as well. Use isolating washers.

dezmond

Hey Everyone. Just a little update as it has been a busy week at work. I was able to get the deck sanded and foam cleaned up. Also got the pucks PB'd in.

I love using this little attachment on the cordless drill. Makes for easy work on getting the foam level. I inset the pucks a little and then I smeared over top a layer of PB mix so I know it is well sealed :) This weekend I plan to get the sidewalls sanded and glue all removed then I will coat the deck with resin and lay a layer of cloth on to sturdy it up a bit and make sure it is sealed! Here are some pics for ya all ;)

dezmond

Well. I thought I was done with grinder :(. Oh well. I needed to clean up the sidewalls from glue, foam and gelcoat. Got about half done tonight. Plan to get the other half done tomorrow and then clean everything up and start to put some resin and cloth down on the deck. Question for you guys. What can I use to brush paint my sidewalks with? They will be covered up with panels but I figured I should paint them? Tremclad? Should i bother? Also I think I’m going to go with nautalux vinyl flooring. Is there any prep work to epoxy before I glue it down? And what is the best glue to use? Thanks everyone.

sopwithcamel74

Petty Officer 1st Class
If there going to be covered up, UV exposure won't necessarily be something to worry about. If you're set on painting, I'd do it as inexpensively as possible, personally.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
if you are painting them before putting on side panels id use latex acrylic , it works fine and will deaden some noise it will never shed because it requires uv to do that and there wont be any , i used lanco siliconized roofing paint because its extremely thick and i wanted sound deadening property's, i called them they said it would work perfect for that and it was waterproof :)

dezmond

Well little bits of work being done so far this week. Leveling the deck where it meets the side walls with pb, planning how to make some new bow seating, cleaning up and sanding to get ready to coat the deck with resin and a layer of cloth.

Also got my rotary steering, new controls and control cables in. Still in the boxes. I tucked them away until I get closer on the console. I don’t want to get too distracted and take on too many tasks. I won’t see progress that way ;). Trying to stick to the schedule. Be back later with some boring pics. Me sanding and some pretty new boxes.

dezmond

Hey everyone. Need some advice please. I just finished putting a nice coating of epoxy and slow hardener on my deck. Gonna let it setup overnight. I’m not sure what I should put for cloth on the top tomorrow. As of right now it is sealed on the bottom with a layer of 10oz cloth and sealed on top. Used 1/2” for the deck and all foamed underneath. What would or should I use for the top for cloth? I have 6oz, 10oz and 17oz biax. Any help would be great so I can get to cutting tonight. Thanks all.

Dezi

dezmond

My bad. I just went through my posts. I did 2 layers of 10oz cloth on the underside. So any ideas what go on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.