Custom Fiberglass Extended Swim Platform

tpenfield

Staff member
Finished :) :) :)

I got the remaining things done on the platform today. . . .

Finished the hatch hinges
Sealed up the access holes
Fabricated and installed the rubrail w/ stainless steel insert

Here is the underside with the deck plates installed and sealed w/ 4200
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2751.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
I am just wondering if I should run a strip of rubrail in between the struts of each ladder, making the rubrail a bit more contiguous, even though it will have gaps where the ladders go??? :noidea:

Essentially it would be about a 9" strip of rubrail and insert at each ladder in line with the rest of the rubrail.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2747.JPG
    IMG_2747.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2744.JPG
    IMG_2744.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 4

tpenfield

Staff member
FWIW - If I did go with the extra pieces of rubrail where the ladders are located, it would look something like this . . .
IMG_2756B.jpg
I'm not sure if it makes it look to busy or not :noidea:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
You can add that if you want.... Or not... What ever hits the swim platform wont hit the rub rail

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ted, as always your work Is TOP NOTCH!! I personally like the added RubRail but you should go with your gut! I'm waiting anxiously for your "SPLASH" so I can click the Award Button!!!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
FWIW - If I did go with the extra pieces of rubrail where the ladders are located, it would look something like this . . .

I'm not sure if it makes it look to busy or not :noidea:

i think it makes it look finished!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Wow! All you need is a couple of bikini-clad coeds enjoying an adult beverage on your new platform, and it will be christened!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Wow! All you need is a couple of bikini-clad coeds enjoying an adult beverage on your new platform, and it will be christened!

we would all appreciate a video of the missus chasing you after noticing said coeds! i mean come on its always fun watching a guy get beat on by his wife:) coeds can hold the camera:)

TRH299

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow Ted!!! That is one hell of a big project! Came out looking great! Congrats!!!!

tpenfield

Staff member
Thanks everyone for your words of praise and input on my rubrail question. The boat is scheduled for launch on Friday (June 28th) at 10 AM. So, I'll have a little bit of time to add the 2 rubrail pieces and make a couple of other fixes.

We have a fairly large crew planned for the weekend and on through the holiday. So, hopefully with some good weather, we will put the new platform to use.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Remember Ted, we need the official Ted with a cocktail while sitting on the swim platform splash pic.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Is the ladder concealed in the stowed position ? Might be good to have if it gets bumped with the ladder stowed ..
Looks great either way !

tpenfield

Staff member
Is the ladder concealed in the stowed position ? Might be good to have if it gets bumped with the ladder stowed ..
Looks great either way !

The ladder is not fully concealed - the hinge area protrudes about 1/2”. So, yes a bit of rubrail in that area would help protect the ladders from any bumps into docks or pilings.