Snap on covers for Stingray 190rs

loopner

Recruit
We're new owners of a pre-owned 1998 Stingray 190rs. I'm trying to find out what it originally came with by way of covers. It LOOKS like there was originally a frame over the driver and passenger to hold up a canvas. We'd like to have the ability to have a closed cabin.

I'd love any information about this boat!!

Lisa

tpenfield

Staff member
:welcome:

I think you are talking about a bimini.

There would normally be a bow cover, and a cockpit cover, plus the bimini and associated side canvas. Not much is going to make that boat have a cabin, since it is a bow rider.

Here is some info: (1999, but probably the same as 1998)
http://www.stingrayboats.com/cgi-bin...lyear=models99

briangcc

Commander
You're probably more in line with a convertible top that snaps to the windshield. Then side panels and back panel attach to the top to make an all weather enclosure. Use the corresponding bow cover to finish off the conversion.

IF you don't have any of the covers a local upholstery shop is your best bet to have something made to your liking/specifications.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
My bowrider came with a convertible top like you're describing. It snaps around the windshield and along the gunwales, and it also has one or two metal ribs that attach to brackets on the windshield or gunwales to provide some the structure some height. You probably could get one made, although it would be a lot easier if you could find a used one sitting in someone's garage, even it it needed new canvas or isinglass (the clear plastic panels that serve as windows). Below is a picture I fund of a convertible top; some are larger than this and can convert the entire back of the boat into a cabin of sorts.

Attachments

• photo295642.jpg
    photo295642.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 3