Marquis Tri Hull 18 Footer restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiMeng

Cadet
I recently went to get a trailer for my other small boat I was working on, I showed up and there was still a boat on the trailer, so I ended up getting the boat and trailer for $100, once I figure out how to get pictures up on here from my phone I will have lots to share, it's going to be slow moving but I hope to have it in the water sometime soon and just work on her as I go.

DiMeng

Cadet
20180516_101119_0.jpg

DiMeng

Cadet
Got a bit done today, rewired the trailer, tore a bit more out of the boat that was rotted, and got her powerwashed.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looks like someone got in there and did a deck patch repair. You'll want to explore further.

DiMeng

Cadet
Yeah there's still a soft spot in the back that I want to cut out and patch but it looks like they replaced all the foam and from the little hole i cut in the back it looks ok still and doesn't seem waterlogged but i will know when i cut it out.

DiMeng

Cadet
So, it's been a bit since I've gotten to work on the trihull, but I am taking her in a new direction, instead of restoring, I'm kinda transforming her. A neighbor bought a 45hp tiller motor and he let me borrow it for a weekend. I loved it. I'm thinking about cutting out the little covered area in the back and just using a tiller motor on it, get rid of the steering wheel and just make 2 storage areas under the councils, I've got the floor fixed, new carpet going in in the spring. Any ideas let me hear em. It's mainly going to be for fishing but also for taking the family out for a simple day on the water. I was thinking a 50 horse. The 45 got me moving around 25-30 mph, that's plenty fast enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.