How to access a leaky rivet blocked by my trailer bunk?

Greetings, my 16ft Lund Pro Angler has a leaky rivet that happens to be located right where my bunk trailer is supporting the boat. I’d like to drill out the rivet and replace with a larger close-end rivet, but unlike a couple of other rivets I’ve already repaired using this method, I can’t access the rivet as it’s blocked by the bunk.

Does anybody have any ideas for how I can get to the rivet? Examples include somehow taking the boat off my trailer and putting it on other stable stands such that it’s far enough off the ground that I can execute the repair (but, I have no idea if such stands exist or how I’d get the boat off the trailer and onto such stands)?

The only other idea I can think of would be to try to find a friend with a roller trailer, and ask if we can switch trailer for a few days.

Thanks for any advice anyone might have!

Best regards,
Walleyehunter4

Lightwin 3

Petty Officer 1st Class
Question::

1. Are your bunk supports welded to the trailer frame or bolted?
-If they are bolted, you can support that side of the boat with a 2 x 4 along the chine and a couple of jack stands.
-You lower the trailer onto the temporary support simply by letting the air out of tire on that side.
-once done, you can unbolt and temporarily move your bunk over.

Caution: Make sure wheels are chocked and the trailer cannot move. Probably best if hooked to a vehicle.

2. If your bunk supports are welded, you can do the same thing but just unbolt the permanent bunk from the supports.

I have done this several times. Usually to replace bunks.

briangcc

Commander
Alternative...

1. Lower the trailer tongue as low as she'll go.
2. Support the transom on both sides at the current transom height. IF you are using automotive jack stands, place some sacrificial wood (ie. 2x4 or plywood) between the jack and your boat hull.
3. Jack the tongue up as high as the trailer jack will go.
4. Support the keel at the bow at this height. Again if using an automotive jack stand, put some wood between the hull and the jackstand to protect the hull.
5. Lower the trailer jack a little bit and pull the boat forward to expose the rivet.

Repair/replace as needed. To get the boat back on the trailer, reverse the steps.

This is the process a marina used in our back yard when they swapped trailers for us.