Bass Tracker side bumper moulding issue

YoMoma

Cadet
Hello, I have a 2000 Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 and the side rubber bumper moulding is coming out of its groove on one side. I`m sure I could pull moulding out of the groove from the rear but I`m thinking unless the moulding groove itself is bent, I should buy new moulding.
But from where? I`ve looked online for a good long time and don't seem to find anything for my boat. Maybe I`m not using the right search terms?
Anyone know where I can find this stuff? It would be much appreciated.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The rub rail insert is very pricey. If your's is NOT broken then use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm it up and re-insert it into the aluminum rail. If the rail is bent/damaged you can attempt to bend it back into shape so it will hold the rubber insert. I'd spend some time trying to repair instead of buying new. If it's to brittle and damaged for repair...then you'll need to open your wallet!!!;)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
my 30 year old rub-rail insert goes back in with ease. comes off from back of swim platform as when people jump in the water, they drag their feet over it.

so your 18 year old rub rail should be easy to get back into the groove. a worn out screw driver with a rounded and smoothed tip works great as an installation tool.