1977 Sylvan Sea Monster Side Console Rebuild

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow! Looks like the boat kinda saved the car and the corner of the house!
Glad you came out unharmed with just hopefully minor damage to the boat ....

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh man, talk about lucky! Plenty of opportunity for disaster there. :eek:

oldrem

Commander
Not a good start to the weekend.

High winds overnight brought down two more trees, this time crashing through the
custom curved fence around the pool area. Grandson Daniel and I designed and built that
8 years ago one picket at a time to achieve the flowing height variations and curves.

Really feeling depressed now.

Damage 1.jpgDamage 2.jpgDamage 4.jpgDamage 5.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Dang ! I guess there is a few bright spots .. No one hurt .. It didnt land on the metal fence or the pool . And ya got 8 good years out of a wood fence ..Could be worse .. Still a bummer though ...

oldrem

Commander
I set aside the entire day yesterday to finally tackle cleaning my work shop so I could actually use it for something other than a storage room.

One thing I managed to locate was the original capacity plate. I thought it was lost for good, and had a new one produced last Summer.

I used the specs show by iBoats and had the plate made for 40hp Max. I was shocked to find the original plate from Sylvan says 60hp! Dang, I could have 20 more hp ! Sad thing is there were a lot of 50 to 60 hp motors available when I was looking, but was sure I was limited to the 40 :(

Capacity Plate.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well now, it appears you need to start looking for a 60 !
and id remake that plate too !
:) if its good for a 60 ... 90 wouldn't be out of the question would it ? :)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Waiting for Spring to do most of it Mike.

Glad to see you back! Where ya been?

Had some Neck/Back issues, Then Bronchitis and the GrandKids are running me ragged. My 14year old Granddaughter is a GREAT Volleyball player so I travel with her a lot. Heck I need to get a job so I won't be so Busy!!!

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nothing like a "freshened" old aluminum boat . IMO It's akin to gettin new underwear....,😃

Strong work!

Lol .....A backwards steering rack seems to be a common snafu.

So if the steering wheel is fully clockwise. should the cable rod be fully extended or retracted?

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nothing like a "freshened" old aluminum boat . IMO It's akin to gettin new underwear....,😃

Strong work!

Lol .....A backwards steering rack seems to be a common snafu.

So if the steering wheel is fully clockwise. should the cable rod be fully extended or retracted?