1977 Sylvan Sea Monster Side Console Rebuild

oldrem

Commander
Thanks guys. It's been fun learning how to do wraps. Now I'm going to experiment on some practice pieces with marbling techniques. Need something to keep me from going nuts through the Winter. Usually I spend much of it reloading, but didn't do much shooting last season and already have more loaded than I could shoot in a lifetime.

oldrem

Commander
Still have to work on the right epoxy thickness, but here are some rod marbling tests

Marble test 2.jpg

oldrem

Commander
Thanks Kev - wish the photo showed the gold better in the red/black/gold one. The gold really pops. Unfortunately I did the gold / white one wrong. The two mixed and looks more like brown sludge and white. I'm learning.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Eric, you are working on quite a curve. I would've thrown my 1st rod against the wall in 30 seconds. :faint2:

Last edited:

oldrem

Commander
Played around this week with more marble effects.

fire 1.jpggold 3d.jpg

Then I started a new rod build for my best friend. Began with a 5 color "small fish" wrap

small fish wrap.jpgclose up small fish wrap.jpgclose up little fish wrap.jpg

Attachments

• gold flat.jpg
    gold flat.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0

oldrem

Commander
Two more done. The admiral watched me working on one I call Lucky Leprechaun and asked if it could be hers. Who am I to argue with an Irish Admiral lol It's hers now.

Lucky Leprechaun 1.jpgLucky Leprechaun 2.jpgLucky Leprechaun 3.jpg

Then I finally finished Midas. Winn "natural" grips, American Ergo reel seat, American Microwave Air guides, gold foil pieces encapsulated in the butt

Midas 0.jpgMidas 1.jpgMidas 2.jpgMidas 3.jpgMidas 4.jpgMidas 5.jpg

oldrem

Commander
Got the tractor all set with fresh filters, synthetic oil, fresh gas annd setup the bagger assembly. Finished the lawn Monday night - now more @%&(()&% SNOW

April 10 snow.jpg

oldrem

Commander
Nothing worth pics, but had a 60 degree Easter so I hooked the boat to the lawn tractor and drove it back to the car port. Pulled the old Johnson 40 off and posted it for sale on a few sites. Extended the tongue on the trailer as far forward as it will go to start some mods I need to do. Felt good to actually be able to do something with the boat. Another mid-60 degree day today while I'm at work, then back to 40's and 50's for awhile.