1977 Sylvan Sea Monster Side Console Rebuild

oldrem

Commander
I glued the top as one section and the legs/bases separately so I can take it apart in sections. Wanted the extra strength for snow loading.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You can still add sockets and tees to make the unit larger for winter work! ;)
it's such a nice well built frame and it's real easy to move/use. Nice frame. !!

oldrem

Commander
With the unusual cold we've been having and the predictions for the rest of the month, they reported last night that we are on track for the coldest November in recorded history here. :blue:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Man that blows. Getting ice and snow today. So all the
newsweather channels here have all the blue hair women going to the supermarket.

oldrem

Commander
Taking my time rebuilding the controls. Had one of my son-in-laws bead blast the parts so I could SE prime and respray them with engine enamel. The nobs were badly faded, so I cleaned them up and sprayed them as well. Found a few more parts I wanted to replace so got those on order today. Steering tube assembly was also looking nasty so did the same to that while I was at it. Picked up a new old stock decal as well, but will let the paint fully cure a week first..

Controls etc in progress.jpg

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
The parts are looking as good as the rest of the boat. It's good to find some inside stuff to work on while the boat is under tarp isn't it. I may have to sort through the pile of stuff I pulled off and out of my Coronado and bring it home so I can work on it in a heated garage. Keep up the great work!

chevymaher

Commander
Looking good.

Being a little anal is a good thing restoring things.

There is a zone to shoot for. It isn't perfect but alot better than it was new.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Really nice job on the controls cleanup! Keep on keepin' on! :eagerness:

oldrem

Commander
Took advantage of some 40 degree weather after work today and got most of the outdoor decor done. Supposed to get a full day of rain/sleet and snow tomorrow as the temps rapidly drop again. At least the admiral is pleased.

Christmas decor 2018.jpg