1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Rain just kept comin in bands ... hard to check for leaks with that lol , ahh well always tomorrow :) in meantime im just piddling getting lil things finished

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
thanks , those pics are brutal, every little piece of dust shows with this modern hi pixel cameras hahah, anyways i was trying to get my wash down pump installed but rain just kept deny'n me

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so i am sitting here this morning and wondering , did my power steering ever have a cooler? the hoses connected appear to say no but i wonder if it should have, 3.0 mercruiser 1989, anyone know?

66Holiday924

Chief Petty Officer
so i am sitting here this morning and wondering , did my power steering ever have a cooler? the hoses connected appear to say no but i wonder if it should have, 3.0 mercruiser 1989, anyone know?

You can always call Mercruiser with the M/N and ask them.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Man that really came together awesome! You should be proud.

Never heard of a power steering motor without the power steering cooler... I know 3.0Ls had a version with no power steering, and you could tell them because the anode over the prop had the fin on it. I would assume if you have power steering there should be a power steering cooler... but then again, Im definitely not the expert... the gentlemens over in the merc forum would probably have the answer for you, and 20 other things you did wrong.. lol :lol::lol: no offense to em, they have all the knowledge, but a lot of it comes with some cynicism.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
my 3.0 starts with just a click of the starter and idles at 900 on muffs for over a hour without loading up so id say i got it dialed in :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
was was idling between 900 and 1k for over a hour ,
trailer shot is of the led i installed on it for night loading :) switched at the crank
thats the washdown unit i purchased.

IMG_0373.jpgIMG_0376.jpgIMG_0343.jpg