1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

oldrem

Commander
I think it might actually be the kratchet inductor conflicting with the injection pincer.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
man the rain is comin down now , i got them brakes done in the nick of time! , so glad to have all that behind me for awhile :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i have the carpet and other stuffs coming for the cuddy cabin area , hoping i can knock that out next weekend and then just have upolstery :) still have minor punch list things to do in meantime!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I am trying to decide best way to do cabin roof, im perplexed ATM because i don't see how anything will conform to it properly and i probably should have done it when it was upside down however then it would be full of dust by now , i think i will try to use 5 mm tri ply as patterns and see how that goes

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
THANKS KC , I think the double sided tape is great idea for holding the material up to make a pattern, im going to use the thin 5 mm plywood and make the templates that can be covered with headliner material , i didint want to just cover the fiberglass because its rough and i would think it would show through wavey as it was originally ,

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got headliner in cuddy cabin last night now i need to trim out and do sides and then down to floor , ill post pics when finished , not 100 pleased with headliner because they folded it in shipment and a couple wrinkles didn't come out in dryer but they say give it time and they will so we shall see!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hahah man its been so cold this week i have only been working on cabin area , ill post once done , it had a coffin type sleeper i turned into storage, i am too scared of tight spaces to ever sleep there lol, plus storage=win imho , had to build a bulkhead with a door in that area, today supposed to be 70 and i cleared schedule so imma git to it:)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
got headliner in cuddy cabin last night now i need to trim out and do sides and then down to floor , ill post pics when finished , not 100 pleased with headliner because they folded it in shipment and a couple wrinkles didn't come out in dryer but they say give it time and they will so we shall see!

Yea sure yea sure ya did cough cough

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Mick, If you use foam backed Headliner fabric the bumps wont' show that bad. OR, you can use Vinyl and spray glue with 1/2" Sew Foam glued to the back of the vinyl and it'll really look good

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I used foam backed fabric but the wrinkles haven't come out yet, in fairness it is cold and has been , they say after a few hot days it will , if not i will live with it till it aggravates me and i replace it lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
tried that and the dryer on low fluff the creases are just there, not bad but i will know they are there so one day i will redo it once i figure out what type of material id prefer and make sure it comes rolled properly! its very minor most wouldnt even notice it , i think we are our own worst critics :)