1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
As long as it dosn't effect anything mounting the motor I would let it ride ...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i just checked jesus h crimeny i searched forever but finally found diagrams for the 4.3 and the 350 , looks perfect where they are, the 3.0 isn't affected that I am going to put back in it but if i ever decide to re power at least i know i can go with a v8 in present location.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
here is dimensions if anyone needs for 350

Attachments

• 350magnummpialpha_1999-2001.pdf
    129 KB · Views: 2

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
mercruiser website has em so you can easily go and get a pattern for every configuration they make :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so started working on the bulkheads, i made the two front ones out of plywood :) and used larger fillets to be sure they never sat in water, after i have them tabbed in i will drill the hole through the fillets as i feel that will make sure the wood is sealed off from the weep holes, i covered them with glass on the table first , ten times easier and no bubbles :0
on another note about air, i had everything looking nice decided id toss one layer of csm over it and boom guess it was too hot out it skinned top and got air under it after i had smoothed it out so ugh some grinding touch ups to do .

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
cut out the bubbles and ready to glass in early morning, looks like i have a 4 hr window of glassing before it gets too hot , then in evening as it cools off,i will post pics when its clean and looks good again , no sense in posting nasty pics :)

chevymaher

Commander
Maybe we can work something out here. I will send you some cooler temps for the to hot temps. Even us both out.

chevymaher

Commander
Well I paid for the heavy duty singer sewing machine. I am waiting for it to process so I can go pick it up. I imagine I will be doing bow covers and tops before the weather breaks.

I was in the tent today when I was working. There is hope with the sides on it when the sun comes out it is definately 15 degrees warmer in there than outside. And it is overcast today. I got the thermometer sitting on the bow of the boat letting me know what is going on in there.

Sorry I though this was my thread and didnt notice till i posted and do not know how to delete it.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
is ok man it saved me from popping over on yours to read lol , on another note i got the air bubbles beat down some of them were a half a inch high ROFL it was boiling i think :) i realized i did all of my glass work at night on the last boat for this reason so luckily im almost done most of it and got a 1 hr window in morning after dew and usually from after work till dark a couple hours , slower but safer for sure :), i hate glass work i cant wait to get it done and move on to the rebuilding phase of things.
I also took and ran out some 1708 on the hull to enforce it some and some extra support stringers for the coffin area and opposite side that had a large area of unsupported hull. in areas i felt could use it without going crazy, i feel i have made a stronger boat and that makes me feel safer when i get to use it. also built a better stringer engine mount for the 4 cylinder ,
before it only had a 4x4 across the floor to each v8 stringer, i made more of a sled type design with 1x6 on each side of v8 stringer supporting the 4x4 4cyl mount spreading surface area to hull out. pics soon.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
oh forgot to tell you guys i purchased that Endoscope for the cellphone and checked out my gas tank , that thing works great and inside of the tank looks brand new :) there was a couple brownsluge specs but i was fearing the thing would have been full of varnish but nope :) and no corrosion!!
https://www.amazon.com/BlueFire-Android-Endoscope-Phones-Function/dp/B013HZCYXK
61pHQ%2Bp8tpL._SL1000_.jpg

chevymaher

Commander
That is a cool toy/tool. I just had the otg checker run on mine to see if it worked. It does. You always know where the cool toys are don't you?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
since mine is buried deep in the sub cockle region of the boat, i wanted to be sure it was good shape or replaced, i would not bat a eye at replacing if it was suspect, but hell even the gas was good in it , i pressure washed boat with gas from it , lol i used a fuel checker first to be sure it was good :) my problem is , No one seems to make a 82 gallon tank that's 5 deep to 9 in middle deep.

oldrem

Commander
oh forgot to tell you guys i purchased that Endoscope for the cellphone and checked out my gas tank , that thing works great and inside of the tank looks brand new :) there was a couple brownsluge specs but i was fearing the thing would have been full of varnish but nope :) and no corrosion!!
https://www.amazon.com/BlueFire-Android-Endoscope-Phones-Function/dp/B013HZCYXK
61pHQ%2Bp8tpL._SL1000_.jpg

Great tools. I have a couple different ones I use for checking my rifle bores. The one I attach to my tablet was great to check the reeds in the manifold when I had the carb off. Saved me from pulling the manifold.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
poop... on another note most pcs of lumber are never completely kiln dried.That may account for the bubs.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
oh it wasn't even on the lumber, this was just a final csm coat i was putting on the floor it bubbled up like a egg frying , rofl , no matter , awesome thing about bubbles is they grind off super fast and make you feel tons better when they are gone:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I spoke too soon , on a good note the tank was worth 24 bucks at recyclers... found a pit that looked like it had been repaired with fiberglass long ago as i was cleaning tank today, not even going to bury that back in this boat knowing that... so closest i can find to that 82 gallon tank is a 60 gallon tank, im fine with 60 gallons that's 8 hrs of cruising time 5 if i was wide open entire time and i never run max throttle.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well tank should arrive tomorrow , once i get a coffin built for it in existing stringers i will clean up my work area and post some pics , lol i will be happy as hell as soon as this fiberglass work is behind me and i can move onto the fun stuff :)