1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class
It'll add a lot of weight to the hull, but that could be countered with a bigger motor.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well I'm not a go fast guy anyways so id rather have strong and slow then fast and thin:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well got two stringers cut but ran out of sunlight so i will scuff them and wrap them tomorrow depending on weather
also need to bevel the top edges in some areas but im digging how its rolling

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
scuffed stringers bedded them and layed up 12 layers of 1708 "3 per side and tabbing" haven't tackled the top of stringers, man it was hot today stuff was setting off pretty quick :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Even a Monkey can......

images
images
images
images
images
images

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hahaha i cant take the phone in with me rofl my hands and everything else was covered with the stickie stuff, will try to get some pics today :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got bulkheads built out and ready to csm after they cure , also cut all the wood for under tank but have to wrap it with csm still , made a vise arrangement to sandwich all of them flat and let em cure out same time with cellophane betw photo285457.jpgphoto285458.jpgphoto285459.jpgphoto285460.jpg een them:)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Mick,
Hit those knots heavy or paste some wood filler over them. I've experienced
gassing off with knots making the glass bubble up.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ahhh you're always 1 step ahead of the pack. Had 2 days 60-70 degree wetter, rain and mud. Back to the 40's and rain rain rain.
Man I'm a chomping at the bit here.
Thanks for the pic fix! I was getting the shakes.:D

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Ahhh you're always 1 step ahead of the pack. Had 2 days 60-70 degree wetter, rain and mud. Back to the 40's and rain rain rain.
Man I'm a chomping at the bit here.
Thanks for the pic fix! I was getting the shakes.:D

dang i'd die if i lived anywhere but here, i just don't do cold well anymore :)
picked up 10 more gallons of resin , waiting on the other materials so that gives me time to pre cut the rest of the stuff for this phase. i was unable to find a gas tank so i will have to look close at my original and see if it will pass muster, so far i have only found one minor pit , seems all the tar like oil slathered over the bottom kept it pristine.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
im kinda miffed atm, i popped in the v8 stringers and went exactly in the old layup pb them in got everything set looked at it 30 minutes later and went holyshiite! the v8 stringers were a half inch out of square! it didint shift as the fillets still looked great , so now im struggling to accept it as it was the way it was for 30 years , but i might put a couple strips on them to even them up or am i being over critical?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
it wasnt until i got back to study the center piece for the 3.0 motor mount that i could see it , but like i say its exactly where they had them set so i don't know it wont matter even if i ever put a small block in it just matters to me its one of those nagging things lol