1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well unlikely thing happened last night, i was pulling wiring harness off bench in dark and dropped my alignment bar on toes, totally broke 3rd and 4th toes... they are angry purple atm ... i didn't cry but the lil lady next door probably learned a few new words lol. Amazing how bad it hurt when it first happened , guess when you aren't expecting it it hurts 2x as much! made some progress figured out where to put the ecm and extra wiring parts, getting excited about this as things progress.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so i was working out fuel system, oh yeah computer on engine is talking to the android stereo through a obd2 scanner and torque app so that pleased me after the toes thing,
anyways i was all ready to order pretty an fittings and hose then remembered crap its not a1 cg approved! most likely so now im trying to figure out if fuel injection hose clamps on burred fittings will cut the mustard since the a1 hose wont work with an fittings. it seems so has anyone else ran into this issue and knows of a braided line thats a1 approved that works with an fittings?

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
You should be able to get the an swedge fittings you need and crimp on cg fuel rated hose just like if you were making a hydraulic hose. I would see who you got around you that makes hose. Have pressure tested to 300 psi.dont know if that would be good for the boat police though.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well upon further reading it appears if braided hose and clamps exceed regulation for hoses and is allowed but i haven't got confirmation, aeroquip has a approved hose id just have to install ends

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Man, it was cool catching up with your progress. Nice boat, awesome splash, sorry about the toes, and the suspense is killing me on the newish engine!! Yep I think that about covers it!! Lol.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I have been working on fuel system and tidying up wires, on the fuel system, i think i will need to go with a lift pump in front of the efi pressure pump since those are made to push not pull and boats tank is low in boat, id wind up cavitating pump , so that's where i am, don't wanna post pics until it looks like it should be there:) i have been doing a running list of part numbers and such so others who might wanna do this can mimic what i am doing, I know I am not the first, however i might be one of the few to use a 4.8 instead of going huge 6.0 only because alpha outdrive would explode and I am not ready to abandon the outdrive for a bravo just yet. ahh what the hell ill post a couple, just dont judge its nowhere near finished lol
original 3.0 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0444.jpg Views:	1 Size:	741.1 KB ID:	10758547
Click image for larger version  Name:	58178063733__CBF48AFD-CD80-4C6B-8776-1BFE705AFB4E (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	10758545
Click image for larger version  Name:	58178064805__0FEC8983-ED1C-4C19-9C2A-D8D0312C9000 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	10758546after everything is mocked up i will remove the inner insulation from the doghouse and most likely use dyna mat or something like that, atm im just trying to figure out where to put everything , space is tight and i need to get the closed cooling and exhaust manifolds
on there still lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

zool

Captain
I had a feeling you'd ditch that peanut soon enough Mick!.....Most would wait for winter to do the swap, but I keep forgetting, you guys dont know what winter is ;)

Congrats!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I had a feeling you'd ditch that peanut soon enough Mick!.....Most would wait for winter to do the swap, but I keep forgetting, you guys dont know what winter is ;)

Congrats!

its when all the RV's and bad drivers return from other states.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
After being at boat ramp a week before memorial day I decided summer boating in FLA us not for me, I'll wait until all the wakeboarders and tubers are done then enjoy a quiet boat ramp and fishing :)guess around Sept till April lol , or try to get in before sun up to avoid amatuer hour

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
It was the imma load the boat with a cooler beer and ice and let me kids climb on other people's boats while the wife assembles sammiches to put in the cooler before we launch,all while backed down ramp, I realised how close that family and I were to becoming a news 2 breaking story :)