1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
yeah, I wish I had an answer for ya, and forget the 4.3 option, little performance upgrade and will still be the v width engine......

Theres always the outboard bracket option with twin 225 Verados! :D

yea that's my next upgrade.:D

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
with the wrong gear ratio, there is no way to get the right prop, however take a look at this chart, if your drive is a later drive, the 24/24 could be right. my suggestion is to turn the engine over 10 times and count the prop turns

another option could be a cummins 4BTA-M at 250hp vs the SBC [h=2]Mercruiser Alpha 1 (1984 – 1990 Models)[/h]
loving the idea of deisel, the outdrive is a alpha1 1989 i do know that much as its stamped on outside and its the gen1 drive just some one changed driven gear, did they maybe do that for high altitude?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
the other 5 out drives i gave him he had already melted down lol he only had last 2 left a old mr and this one , luckily this was one i was looking for because i knew it was good outdrive i was trying to get rid of all my extra pieces lol and some came back :)
got another prop too with it hahahaha

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
new gears got me on the right path , have to go up in pitch now lol but hit 20 np :) then i went got couple more props and got back to water and boat wouldn't start , i cussed to myself fumed went bat.. crazy then looked at gas gauge and sheepishly put it back on the trailer :) tomorrow is a new day!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
new gears got me on the right path , have to go up in pitch now lol but hit 20 np :) then i went got couple more props and got back to water and boat wouldn't start , i cussed to myself fumed went bat.. crazy then looked at gas gauge and sheepishly put it back on the trailer :) tomorrow is a new day!

Micky, I got myself into the habit of putting gas in every time the boat was headed toward the ramp to top off the tank..... I also have the word plug written on each of my transom tie downs.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So get one of these or put a pic on your dashboard;
I'd of been happy finding out before I went into the water any how!
BadTattoosBellyButtonUnleadedFuel.jpg