1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
this window thing is tough the original was set with butyl but that melted all over the place so i think setting them with solid material eventhough will make replacement tougher is the true way to keep setting material from melting.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yep i found out they use different material in south but no one has told me what that is lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so i took break from hatches and started on roof of boat , figured top down :) anyways i took and where ever i was going to run wires i ran tubing to make sure i could get wires to those locations,
then i put on some foam then a piece of 1/8th inch piece of luan to protect foam and glassed that all in,and wood for the railings and other things that need to be secure,once i flip over i will drill epoxy then screw in screws to be sure it stays watertight:) figured it would insulate cabin area, next i took and started working on upper console for the roof , not sure what i will do with it but it was wasted space so figured why not :)
then today was clean up my mess day, lol :)

Attachments

• photo292925.jpg
    photo292925.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 6

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So the clear tubing is for roof lighting? Are you going to add a radar some day? Horn/spotlight? Looking good. How doea it secure to the sides, front, back. Whats the base made of for the joining? Going to get there with my build so appreciate your comments. :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i am using pvc 1.5x1.5 square stock for mounting to window frames on sides , i included all hoses to 1, 5ft light bar for front , horn , 2 rear lights possible radar. then the others i can easily reach inside the cockpit roof console , i made that and covered it with frp panal thats cracked ice look , i was going to grind fill and do gel cote but it just didn't pass muster to be that, i used pvc board for the "bill " of the roof and covered with csm then the cracked ice piece .
I know folks say cb is kinda useless on a boat but imma have one as a nod to my dad from back in the day and hell its always interesting to listen to folks on other side of country :)
vhf and cb i am working out mounting spots in the roof console , using the windshield wiper motor as a max depth from roof to not restrict vision.
more pics tonight hopefully

robthompson66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Micky, great project...I’ve been watching in the background for a while. I just rebuilt the windshield on my cruiser, and I ended up using Dow U-428 primerless urethane windshield adhesive. I used it to bed and to create a new gasket for the glass, and it’s worked well. You want thickness in the bedding, so I used twine hot glued down in spots as a spacer, the laid a bead of the Dow stuff over that. Once it was set, I trimmed off the excess, back filled the gaps, then flipped it over and used it to make a gasket bead. It tools nicely as well.

Thanks!

rob

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Thanks Rob great idea, that's why i haven't moved forward i saw a tiny rim around edge and knew it would be bad if glass layed right on that the twine spacer sounds perfect!

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
sat morning we got the top back on boat, pics soon , heavy thing i was surprised but i remembered i couldn't lift it by myself when i took it off either. stomach virus all week so far so haven't got much done sadly...

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ditto on feeling better Mick. Something just ran thru our house last week, including the dogs. Ask my son..hehe..he stepped in it at 2:00 a.m.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
sat morning we got the top back on boat, pics soon , heavy thing i was surprised but i remembered i couldn't lift it by myself when i took it off either. stomach virus all week so far so haven't got much done sadly...

Fly me down! I'll cook your a.. off! Love to give ya a hand. :happy:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i took some 800 mg ibuprofen and it wrecked me i never take pills missus said it was empty stomach that did it ugh