1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
LOL! Chev.. His next reply will show him taking it out for a test ride and a boat load of family and crabs.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
work and cold weather got me set back , hoping to blast bottom paint off this weekend:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
the water pressure washer sand blaster worked like a charm, 30 years and several coats of bottom paint gone:)
used multipurpose sand from home depot took 20 60 lb bags, but its clean and ready for repairs and new coating:)

Attachments

• photo287441.jpg
    photo287441.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 8
  • photo287442.jpg
    photo287442.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo287443.jpg
    photo287443.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 8
  • photo287444.jpg
    photo287444.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 8

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
41RffPRiKpL.jpg

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
That might be a useful tool to pick up. Interesting. Any issues with clogging?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah but not bad at all it was usually when i had dropped wand to do something and a bit of water traveled back , other then that it blew through sand like nobody's business, also you can tell the sound changes pitch when its getting sad so thats helpful too :) i have let the sun dry it for the last week so getting ready to start fixing spots , trying to decide my color scheme I'm torn dark blue or i might repeat same colors i did on monishka i like the burgundy and tan

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Trying to decide if i should reflip boat before spraying sides or just spray sides and bottom then flip, i would hate to scratch the paint flipping:)
cant decide on what to use on sides
i will be spraying of course but i think i want a thick paint that's super glossy i saw the quantum 99 stuff anyone have any suggestions? i used acrylic exterior on last boat its going on three years looks as good as i first put it on but i would like to do this glossy for a change:)

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Micky, I tried that and it didn't work. Family and I flew to St. Lauderdale last week thinking that the weather up here in Western PA had to improve by the time we got back.....did not happen and I'm in the same boat as KC this weekend (the boat that neither of us can work on). lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Micky, I tried that and it didn't work. Family and I flew to St. Lauderdale last week thinking that the weather up here in Western PA had to improve by the time we got back.....did not happen and I'm in the same boat as KC this weekend (the boat that neither of us can work on). lol

damn... ya my bud in boston is griping as well , told him to move too :)

chevymaher

Commander
looks around at all the un populated land and wonders why one cant move to florida:)

LOL I be just happy to find a house here on a lake with a dock on it. Our weather is usually boating weather 10 months of the year on a normal year. It dont got to be 90 to use a boat.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well shes painted just need to let it cure and then touch up a few minor spots and its set to go :) thinking of putting a keep guard all the way down since that's the part that sits on rollers most of the time , thoughts?

Attachments

• photo287960.jpg
    photo287960.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 5