Thank you for All the Repair Answers!!!!

JimmyBiel

Recruit
Early Summer I bought a 1985 Rinker V170, for $1000, It was in a lot worse shape than I thought / discovered when I checked it out. (I know cars but am a novice with boats) Through all of these forums I have now fixed trim switch's, adjusted trim limit, shift into reverse, replaced freeze plugs, fixed a cracked engine block, replaced the floor, and transom. Yesterday I began putting it back together and came to the forums once again to see how to hold the transom seal in place when installing.

​I just want to thank each and every one of you, as you have taught me how to do all this work and saved me tons of time and cash with your advise!
​Thank you to the moderators for leaving up the old posts, I learned so much from them!!!

Thank you all!!
​Jimmy

tpenfield

Staff member
:welcome:

I am curious as to how you 'fixed' the cracked engine block.

JimmyBiel

Recruit
There are a few posts on here that talk about cleaning the crack and filling with JB weld, I know it sounds crazy but I tried it and it worked, no more leak! I am currently looking for another block, but am running the old engine in the mean time and it is not leaking.