1969 Glastron 214

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've come across a 1969 Glastron 214. The transom is toast and probably arringer so I don't think I want to tackle it. I'm wondering if there is any value in parting it out or if I should find a boat yard that may buy it.
The steering cable and setup look fairly new and operate smoothly.
The prop looks good and spins freely.
The engine is a Chevy 350 and I was told it was rebuilt 5 years ago.
Some of the stainless isn't in too bad shape.
The bow rails look good.
Your thoughts?

chevymaher

Commander
Look on E Bay for the various parts see what they sell for. If you feel like fooling with it.

It you decide it isn't worth anything just drop it off at my house. I would sure strip all the V-8 stuff off for mine in a future conversion.

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It has a big rubber boot between the outdrive and engine instead of having a keyhole and being bolted right through the transom. Never seen that before. The transom all around it is completely paper mache.

chevymaher

Commander
That is a different animal than I got. I would still part it out on E Bay. Some of this stuff gets good money.

Myself I would fix it. But you have indicated you don't want to go through all that.

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well the thing is, I already have a 1979 Sea Ray 260 SRV sitting at my folks place that needs transom and stringers. It's a bigger boat with dual engine set up. That would be the one to fix when I get around to it. I don't think they are going to like this one sitting around very long.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
There are thousands of boats out there in a similar condition for free, so unless you actually need something off of it, just leave it be for the next dreamer (sucker) to deal with.