88 Sprint bass boat

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so my newest project has been this bass boat, figured would be perfect for crabbing and not beating up the Monishka, as with any boat it had some "tlc needed"
lol
z1f0XKJ.jpg
finally got the mercury running well but sold it for more hp 115 mariner:)

Ith580Y.jpg
new floor needed so did that

mAfchZT.jpg
new gauges,wi fi fish finder and breaker box , had it all back in and bam the plexi cracks working on wood dash now :)

c8tNAN3.jpg
engine runes great but it looked aged so i refinished it , installed new water pump , and rectifier changed lube.

WfYMK95.jpg
couldn't find a replacement front plate so was forced to use the dented one :(

yJJ1Mgr.jpg

JLIVQ1e.jpg
replacing the old tilt tube was easy
next up before dash goes back in is im thinking of coating the whole boat top side with raptor bedliner , just because its tintable and will provide a good non slick surface for crabbing and stuff , i feel it will hold up better to crabpots and other things then if i was to use paint. and dont want any carpet to deal with.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well tonite i got a crap ton done. i got the new dash installed and now that's complete, got the steering all hooked up , then went to tackle the leaking trim cyl...... sent the wrong part ugh

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice bass boat Micky ! That will get ya back in the creeks real quick ! I'm counting the minutes to get back on the manatee ... Been itching to wet a line for a while ...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
man im sitting here waiting for parts lol its soo dang close, i actually realized today between heart attack and hospital stay and other stuff i hadn't been on monishka since may :( but imma take the ole gal out soon :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so i gutted it today, lol decided to paint the whole top cap instead of just floor , looking for ideas on what kind of paint to use for a nice shine and durability or would i just be better to use the raptor bedliner coat on the topside since ill be bouncing crabpots around ?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
got trim fixed today though , was happy camper then decided to gut it all for repaint hahaha

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
and this is my issue i get driven and wind up just going wide open , sanded the entire thing with 60 grit then in the lil compartment doors and corners i used a dremel tool to scuff up really good then on rest i just used paper by hand what i couldn't hit with my square pointed or round orbital sanders.

took 7 litres of raptor liner but its nice and thick and i bet it holds up well, i did remove the rub rail and all else i could to make it as complete clean as possible, im still not sure about this color cream but i don't care for blinding white and blue was super hot lol.

I will paint the sides of the boat after i can get it in water and mark a water line thinking of making it same color as monishka was red sides with the cream looks nice.
f2223pj.jpg
my yard is fastly approaching clean up time lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
trying to figure out if i want to make wood doors for hatches or use the carpeted ones again, they are all aluminum so they wont go bad but i hate carpet on a fishing /crabbing
boat

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
LUbRHpx.jpg
coming along, the eyelid over instrument panel came out decent, i figured that would keep sun off of them and weather.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
thanks, dont seem like much interest here for bass boats lol but i get it most folks here like the bow riders and tinnys , lol

Baylinerchuck

Commander
thanks, dont seem like much interest here for bass boats lol but i get it most folks here like the bow riders and tinnys , lol

Well I'm following. I like reading all the restoration threads. Seems as tho interest has waned slightly in many of the threads I'm subscribed to. Could PB have anything to do with it??

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah i noticed the page posting seemed down on mine too but i figure its summer as well i use imgr :) that reminds me maybe ill go through my old thread and relink the ones from pb lol