1985 Fisher Sv3 with 85 60 hp Evinrude.

ajshobby

Cadet
I picked up this boat on accident for 500. Trailer is in great shape.

Motor seems like very low hours. Has 127 lbs compression in all 3 cyclenders. Carbs had to be scubbed, they were gunked up bad. Fuel pump is week and needs a rebuild (not able to run except at idle in the water). Other than that it has a ton of life left.

Boat is all aluminum including the floor. Everything is solid as far as I can tell. It has a slow leak took about 5 hours in the water to get an inch of water in the bilge. I'm thinking it came from the livewell. Previous owner stripped some of the carpeting and also drilled out some rivets in the floor. He also rewired the boat with speaker wire (I cried a little as there are exactly 0 fuses anywhere).

Wanting to turn this into a solid beater fishing platform and be able to use it for tubing and whatnot with the family. I do alot of fishing on smaller lakes with crap landings so it's gonna get beat on. I'm hopping to get this redone by next spring for crappies and walleye start. I've already planned out electronics as I was going to stick then on my other boat (another rehab project)

I've been reading alot of the rehabs posted here and getting some good ideas. Though I haven't found much info on a similiar all aluminum rebuild like this or much info on this model boat specifically. Hoping to get some info from you all.

Thanks for reading.

AJ in mpls.

ajshobby

Cadet
My other boat is a 1970s 14' star craft w/ a 25hp tohatsu. This has been a fishing monster. I tore the floor of this boat out 5 years ago and did a hack job on a new floor. This boat does not leak at all and has been one of the best boundary waters (has to be 25 or under) boats I've ever owned. I want to redo the floor and add strinngers (oringinal floor just sat on foam). I'll add pics of both shortly.

ajshobby

Cadet
For some reason I can't upload photos so I'll make an album somewhere and post a link.

ajshobby

Cadet
So here is a start. The floor is the thing I'm most concerned about. It's solid but I need to probably tear it up for new foam. Really I'm not even sure where to start. I'm planning on finiahing with a paint on non skid. I've always hated carpeting in a fishing boat.

ajshobby

Cadet
I'm just going to keep adding to the existing album even though I spelt boat wrong apparently. 3 new pics added. So yesterday and this morning I tore out the floor and have started tearing up the carpet. The foam wasn't wet but the mice have taken a toll on it. Going to remove all and replace. I'm really in a delema about recovering the aluminum decking. I have pan head stainless screws to reattach however what's my option to cover the top. I really do not want to do carpeting but it's looking like the best option. Any opinions?

ajshobby

Cadet
So I finally had a little time to work on the boat. All decking and foam completely removed. Added a picture of the boat empty and filled with water for a leak test. Letting the water sit over night but doesn't look like I have any issues. Will start fitting blue or pink foam and then reinstall the decking. Will also be rebuilding the rear platform and side platforms to allow for better movement and additional storage in the boat. Ordered a new terrova 80lb bow mount but still haven't decided on locator. Blue sea fuse panel and master power switches, eBay accessory switch bank ordered but still looking at radio options. Have an Evinrude 6 hp kicker that I will be installing.