1974 Sea Ray SRV 240 Weekender - complete rebuild, refit, and who knows what else...

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Originally I put on about 7 coats in one day. Used a paint brush and laid it on thick, waited about 45 minutes, put another coat on and kept repeating the process.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Oh man that looks awesome! Really turning out nice!

Cheers.................... Todd

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got some paint on the boat this week. Bottom still needs paint, and the purple stripe on the top will be painted back to white when I get a chance. New canvas, eventually, will be something that goes better with the blue...

176FF688-C7BE-4447-9321-1F777BD23DB6.jpeg

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Haven't been on here in ages... still working on it. Got the floor in last fall, currently working interior of the cabin. I'll try to get some photos up soon...

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Like I said in my previous post, working on the interior right now. Here’s one shot of the current status of the v-berth... new headliner, new wood panels, new lights...

Attachments

• photo330595.jpg
    photo330595.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've also been working on new galley cabinets - here's a shot of them when I was test fitting everything. It's all been pulled out since then so I could install the headliner and stain the cabinetwork. The stove is a used Kenyon alcohol/electric I found for a good price. I also have the glass top for it.

cabinets.JPG

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
looking good.

what did you use for the cabinet wood?

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
looking good.

what did you use for the cabinet wood?

Nothing fancy - just basic birch plywood that I'm staining with a cherry stain and then sealing with polyurethane. I still have some slats/boards from an old outdoor bench that turned out to be teak - going to rip some of those for trim. I used some of that on my smaller boat for trim on the engine lid.