96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

davedog

Seaman Apprentice
Yes they fold up nicely and fit almost anywhere. The best part is I have yet to find a bottom that it didn't set immediately. I don't know how long they have been around but I will never use another style anchor again.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
wow, yea, never seen or heard of them before... Its a little late as I already ordered the river anchor from Iboats, so I'll see how I like it first and go from there.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Apparently this anchor I ordered must be really good! Its so good its stuck in shipping... :facepalm:

davedog

Seaman Apprentice
LOL just finished watching every video you have up. Very entertaining and so glad to see others have the same issues with stuff as I do. Always end up doing it 2-4 times before it's right. Great job though! Keep them coming.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
No major updates here... still plugging away at the last little few things... The main thing left to do is clean the boat and buff the whole thing.. really dreading it lol

Side note, latest video is up now... Enjoy

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Well, its been a very long time coming but I think I'm going to call this weekend the official splash of the dirty rotten baystard... I've cheated a little and secretly put her in the water a couple times to test everything out and adjust some things...

Were headed up to raystown lake this weekend so barring any major issues, I'm gonna call it official.

There's definitely things to do still, in fact, its still quite a list, but I think its time to slow down a little and enjoy her for the time being while its good boating weather...

That being said,, i think the weather this weekend might be a little sketchy, but we should still get a fair amount of time on the water...

I'll try to remember pictures lol

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is exciting! So thrilled for you. But, pictures or it didn't happen! I'm just sayin'

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I was talking yesterday to a guy from work who use to race large speed boats. His is currently in the garage waiting on repairs. Large storm before the race weekend and picnic tables blew into the water. They found 2 of 3 so guess who found the third on his lap in the race? yup.....near total of his boat.
Incomming tide brought it right back into the race path. His boat was doing 150 mph. in a g rate turn.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Well, its official...

She's at the bottom of Raystown Lake.... lol, jk

It went fantastic... It towed great and boated great. Nothing let me down, however I did discover one odd thing... After cruising around for a while, when I would come back down to an idle in a no wake zone, it had shut down on me a couple times and was tough to start back up... My guess is its a choke issue, but I need to investigate by checking the fuel filter for water and a few other things.

Other than that though, everything else went awesome.

I can't thank everyone here enough for the help during this (ongoing) three year long restoration. I've learned heaps more than I ever thought I would.

I won't be going away now that its been splashed...
I still have a ton of things I want to do and I'll continue to document them here.

As promised, heres a few shots...

20200814_185035_copy_1024x768.jpg20200815_100138_copy_1024x768.jpg20200815_144707_copy_1024x768.jpg20200815_200234_copy_1024x768.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Thank you... I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it.

The last couple days, I've been spending a few hours in the evening cleaning/wet sanding/compounding the hull... I'm hoping this is something I won't have to do again for a long time lol.. Its worth the work cuz it looks fantastic, but my shoulders/elbows are toast.

The buffer atleast helps with the compounding, but the wet sanding is brutal.