96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Should have pretty nice weather today and tomorrow so hopefully I can get the starboard side side panel installed... that's honestly holding up a lot of work... since it has the controller on it, I need to get it installed to install/adjust the throttle and shift cable. Also need it in to install the captain's seat. Also need it in to install the front glovebox trim... lots held up for it...
the side panels are both complete, but I had to build one more box/trim piece/cupholders (very important) before I could permanently install it... still have the port side cupholder to make yet, but should only take a day to make/waterproof/upholster...

Anyways, that's where I'm at. Here's the starboard side cupholder

20200530_112846_copy_768x1024.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
They are PRIORITIES!
OIP.wppu1kHwW6Wd2X2e8_dlUQHaF3

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
That looks great! Things should start going fast now for sure.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Got a lot of interior in today... both side panels are in, the dash pieces in front of the captain's seats are in, and I threw in two of the back seats just to see em lol...
I think tomorrow I will vacuum out all the dirt and oak noodles that have blown in the last couple days... next is gonna be filling the tank with some gas and firing her up to see if she still runs...

​​​​​​​

davedog

Seaman Apprentice
I've been watching some of your videos on YouTube and have to say great job.
I'm living those side panels you put together. Looks awesome.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Lots of things going on lately.. Most of the interior is pretty much installed minus a few more things that need upholstered (one more seat base and bow backrest)... I also still need to install the sundeck but I'm waiting until the motor is fully tested out and maybe even after a float test...

I DID start up the motor for the first time two days.. Neighbors probably thought it was a lost cause lol cuz I had to crank the motor with the coil wire pulled off for a while to get the fuel system primed... Once I had fuel up to the carb I pumped the throttle a few times I got some fuel spraying into the carb and gave it a crank.. Fired right up! That was a good feeling. I didn't run it long though cuz I didn't have the outdrive on and I was afraid I wasn't getting real good water flow..

Anywho, that was a good sign so I'll run it some more once I can use the muffs or pop it in the water, then I can do all the idle jet and idle speed adjustments. I'll grab some pictures later today for those that don't believe any of it :D

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Got the trailer up in the air yesterday and took the wheels off... I removed the bearings and inspected them and removed all the old grease from the hubs... I went on a wild goose chase to find new grease seals and finally found the right ones at autozone for $15 a piece :mad:

Anywho... reassembled everything to realize I forgot to pack one of the bearings with new grease, and yes.... its the inner bearing which means I need to remove the seal to get it back out.... GAHHH!!!

I was hoping to drive down to the boat launch today to do a leak check on the transom assembly... I'll probably have to postpone until I can find another seal and fix repack the bearing..

Its always something...

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Got the trailer up in the air yesterday and took the wheels off... I removed the bearings and inspected them and removed all the old grease from the hubs... I went on a wild goose chase to find new grease seals and finally found the right ones at autozone for $15 a piece :mad:

Anywho... reassembled everything to realize I forgot to pack one of the bearings with new grease, and yes.... its the inner bearing which means I need to remove the seal to get it back out.... GAHHH!!!

I was hoping to drive down to the boat launch today to do a leak check on the transom assembly... I'll probably have to postpone until I can find another seal and fix repack the bearing..

Its always something...

That's one of the things I always try to do first with a "new to you boat", inspect and resolve trailer hub and tire issues. Can't even take it to get fixed if it can't move.

Also, getting a missing spare tire or replacing the dry rotted one attached.

One of the most common neglected/botched parts of boat/trailer ownership from the previous owner.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Yea, I probably shoulda done it a long time ago, but kinda slipped my mind for 3 years lol... I must have been in the majority tho cuz the bearings and grease I took out looked pretty good... I reused the bearings and repacked (most) of them....

Thanks for the reminder on the spare tire tho, I never even thought about it but this trailer doesn't have one... Yay, more money...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Got it apart today and packed the bearing and replaced the seals, but my grease gun stopped working lol... this thing is killing me...

Anywho, I have some more goodies coming in the next few days to finish up some trailer stuff and get it ready for a float test...

gonna be cruising soon!