96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can't wait for the sewing videos, I am considering recovering a couple of seats myself.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
looks pretty strait!, i cheesed out and did single stitching, i def wasn't good enough to do double stitches lol

Lol.. I don't plan on doing them everywhere... just a few spots to spruce things up a little.. or anywhere the seams will get abused... the double top stitch should be much stronger.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Can't wait for the sewing videos, I am considering recovering a couple of seats myself.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna show the sewing process in a video cuz I'm not very good lol and there's lots of good videos out there, but I guess if there's interest I could show it...

my plan for now was more to show the design process and making the new side panels and upholstering them.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Minor update...

Got some decent weather yesterday so I snuck out for a couple hours and got the foil insulation installed on the back of the rear seat (its really only meant for sound deadening)... Its fire rated stuff so won't catch fire but not real thick.. We'll see how it does with sound insulation, but honestly, most of the sound deading is going to come from the seat cushions around the engine compartment anyways.

I also started installing the rest of the battery cables and running them through P clips where I can put screws, and I 5200'ed some cable tie mounts on the deck for the starter cable and other wires that need to run along the deck/stringers.

On a side note, I hooked up my bilge pump that came with the boat and it made a pretty god-aweful squeeling sound, so got a new on on order from amazon, plus the new one has an integral float switch so I don't need a seperate one which is nice... I may try to take apart the old bilge pump and see if it can be fixed so I can keep a spare in the boat, but I think its a sealed motor unit since its submersible so odds are I won't be able to get it apart.

20200209_144509_copy_800x600.jpg

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Some of them pumps do come apart, most that do are pretty nasty inside so I toss them. As far as float switches, the silent ones I've taken apart, or had to break open, have mercury in them. I have a small jar in the toolbox I put the mercury in so it don't end up in a landfill.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Got some 16 and 18AWG tinned copper wire and a new bilge pump in the mail yesterday so now just waiting for some nice weather.. maybe this Sunday I can get out and continue the wiring extravaganza.

IMG_20200212_183357_copy_768x1024.jpg

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have been in the IT cabling industry for 30 Plus years and also like wiring!!!!! There are bunch off wiring project I want do as improvement to the 30 year old factory stuff but then the old adage if it aint broke don't fix it comes into play and we go boating. LOL Looking forward to see in it come together. If I did not have a million of my own project I would help. Your in PA right? Where?

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Doesnt look like much, but worked on wiring for about 2.5 hours today... pretty much got everything done except a couple speaker wires but that's pending where I decide to put the subwoofer...

Now I think I'm gonna finish up the shift cables and throttle cables next, then there's really nothing left except upholstery until it gets warmer...

20200216_175127_copy_600x800.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Can anyone think of a good reason to put an inverter on the boat? I have one floating around but cant think of a good reason to use it... I'll have plenty of usb ports for phone charging and a couple 12v plugs for air pumps and stuff... just not thinking of anything

oldrem

Commander
Had one on the Carver, but that had a full cabin with microwave and TV

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i cannot and i have sat here trying hard cause i like extra electronics :) but unless its a CC or full cabin , i just don't think you would ever have a use ...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
i cannot and i have sat here trying hard cause i like extra electronics :) but unless its a CC or full cabin , i just don't think you would ever have a use ...

Yea, I'm leaning towards no just because I'm not thinking of anything, and its just one more than to possible fault out and drain my batteries...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Decided last night to buy some premade boxes for storage at the helm and admirals seat... The previous design has a plywood "shelf" behind it. The opening was about 3x12 so short and wide... and the shelf behind the opening was about 16" deep... So it was basically pointless except for losing stuff.

The new boxes are more like a premade glovebox so they will be perfect for wallets/phones/other stuff to keep dry. Once they come in, I will be able to make the cutout in the new plywood and then I can sand/route the edges and then seal them up and make the upholstery for them...

The only reason I haven't done any upholstery yet is because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do here.

Another benefit is MORE CUPHOLDERS! :lol:

Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
those premade things are nice but pricey considering about 30 cent in plastic lol dont it just rub ya wrong sometimes ? lol

Oh i Know lol...

These were the most reasonable priced ones I could find... They were like $40 each... Still not super cheap, but better than the like 200 bucks for most other brands... Hopefully they aren't total crap

Plus, I'm getting to the point where I really gotta start finishing things up if I wanna splash this summer. Pre-made things are just going to plain save me time now.