96 Bayliner 2050 - The Dirty Rotten Baystard

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
It’s not “sewing”, it’s upholstery! :D

Its sewing until I can learn to tell a spool from a take up lever from a reverse stitch... right now it's all just words...

I kin push stuff thru n' mash the ped'l real hard like n make it go.... vrmmmmmm n' look purdy
:laugh:

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Howdy everyone, just a quick update to let you know I'm not dead...

Im actually in the process of buying a new house right now so everything on the boat front has been pretty much dead in the water (no pun intended).

We're set to close on March 13th so im pretty much gonna be tied up with packing things, cleaning, getting this house ready to sell, etc so unfortunately I'm getting a decent set back...

The good news is, once everything is finished up and moved to the new place, my sewing machine is ready to roll, the outdrive is basically done minus the trim ram reseal, and we should be getting closer to warmer weather so i can actually get back on the hull.

Carry on.. :cool:

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Theres a 2 car garage which is a nice upgrade, but unfortunately, the boat is losing that battle... I'm hoping some day to be able to build a detached shop/garage like WOG just built for my woodshop and boat shenanigans... for now, I'll be bucking away in the driveway with extension cords and work lights lol

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Holy crap, half way down page 6 lol...
well, I can finally say we've officially moved and everything is about out of the old place.
The bad news is, were crazy busy getting the old place ready to sell, but the good news is, I'm getting back at the boat! And some more videos while I'm at it...

Attachments

• photo310358.jpg
    photo310358.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 5

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Started tearing into the risers and manifolds with minimal hopes. . got the elbows off the risers and was not too excited... risers look pretty shot... manifolds actually are looking okish... now the question is, just get new risers or go nuts and convert to dryjoints...
20190412_222202-800x600.jpg20190412_222954-600x800.jpg20190412_222827-600x800.jpg

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered 2 new OEM risers today. Probably won't get them until late this week or even early next week. But that should give me time to finish cleaning up and touching up paint on the motor/manifolds.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
OEM Mercruiser... They are the E-coated ones... not sure if that does much of anything, but in fresh water, I'm hoping I'll get another 10 years before I need to do it again. And if my manifolds last that long, I'll probably just swap to dry-joint... also assuming I'll have the boat that long... I'll probably get the itch to do a bigger boat by then haha

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Was hoping to work on it tonight but stopped by the old house this evening to pick something up and found water in the basement... old sump pump crapped out after replacing a month ago... so after removal, trip to lowes to exchange, install and clean up, that took up the whole evening...

:mad-new:

Scott06

Vice Admiral
OEM Mercruiser... They are the E-coated ones... not sure if that does much of anything, but in fresh water, I'm hoping I'll get another 10 years before I need to do it again. And if my manifolds last that long, I'll probably just swap to dry-joint... also assuming I'll have the boat that long... I'll probably get the itch to do a bigger boat by then haha

In Fresh water the manifolds and risers normally last the life of the boat. Shouldn't be an issue again for you.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
No major updates tonight... spent some time cleaning the old girl and oooh'ed and aaahh'ed at the new risers...
planning to give everything a dusting of gloss black enamel so waiting to install the new risers till that's all done...

Not really spending the time to do a proper tear down and re paint, just making it look purdy until it all flakes off in two years.

fiberglassing season is finally here so no time for Tom foolery with the motor.

oldrem

Commander
They lasted about 25 years on my '72 Mercruiser 888 before I had to have them replaced years ago

Chris51280

Ensign
mine was welded probably because of freezing and I assume the original ones. So I got a whole set after my rebuild. I figured I had spend 700 on the rebuild just to add back a ticking timebomb? No way

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Welp, looks like we're leaving a day early to go to Pittsburgh for Easter, so no boat work this weekend... Hey chevymaher ... I'll throw some beers in the Ohio on tomorrow... They should be nice an cool when they get to you on Saturday :lol: