Sea Nymph GLS 195 restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Lookin real good! I think the reason for the carpet shade being different is the grain direction being different on the hatches.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Lookin real good! I think the reason for the carpet shade being different is the grain direction being different on the hatches.

I'll take a closer look but I swear I kept the grain the same, that's one thing I was trying to pay attention to.

Watermann

Yeah that'a the only thing I can think of that would make it reflect light differently than the rest of the carpet.

​Carpet master budski might be able to give more input.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
We have SPLASH!!!

Man has this been a long time coming. ...EXACTLY 3 months to the date, how funny lol Started the thread April 28th on teardown and its July 28th.

Sorry, didnt take too many pictures on the water, lake wasnt big enough to snap a bunch of pictures, had to worry about going to shallow, was a new lake for me. Will get plenty pictures next time im actually out fishing or using the boat. Want to take the girlfriend and kids over to pictured rocks in the boat this summer.

Not sure why, but I hit a new top speed- 37mph. I cant imagine there was that much water in the wood and foam, but maybe. I figured id have the same speeds because I used 3/4" decking instead of factory 1/2" Guess the extra weight didnt make much of a difference. Only issue I ran into was i couldnt get my kicker motor started, will look at that after our trip to canada.

IMG_20170728_171511846 by nick arend, on Flickr

Snapchat-1937596048 by nick arend, on Flickr

Dont mind my goofy mug :laugh: There were kids swimming by dock and yelling at me to make a wave lol You can kinda hear them in the video but it was super shallow a ways out from the ramp. Looks like the video messed up at the end, audio and video are off because the video freezes for a bit. Phone was acting up at the ramp so thats probably what caused it.

Watermann

Awesome splash! :whoo:

You did a great job, the ole 195 looks better then new and should be a great boat for many more decades. :thumb:

Watermann

Ya know, I don't know. The SNs don't have the huge following like SC boats do so I may have missed some but I usually try to keep an eye out for the threads to lend a hand when needed.

Be sure to get a good 600 cover for your SN, you wouldn't want the elements to ruin all that hard work in a few short years.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ya know, I don't know. The SNs don't have the huge following like SC boats do so I may have missed some but I usually try to keep an eye out for the threads to lend a hand when needed.

Be sure to get a good 600 cover for your SN, you wouldn't want the elements to ruin all that hard work in a few short years.

Well feel free to share this if another one comes along. I might not be around a whole lot until I get another boat to do (yes i have the itch to do another one haha). I will try to get the broken PB links fixed within the next couple months. Its on my list of things to do.

And yes a cover is on the purchase list, hopefully soon. Its tarped right now for the time being.

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yesterday I talked to a boat that barely made it back to the dock. Started taking on water 10 miles out. The culprit- transom failure. I knew as soon as he got to the dock what it was. Was a friendly reminder of why I spent three months of the summer working on my boat. I felt bad for the guy because I knew what was in store for him (for the most part). Its a fiberglass boat and boy was that transom flexing when he pulled it out of the water, even cracked the fiberglass a little. Hopefully he made it home without his motor falling off.

Anyways, ive been out a few times fishing since I last posted. Havent been skunked yet. Its been one of the best years on Lake Superior in a long time. Figured id share a couple pictures. Boat still takes on water and I have no idea where its coming from. Maybe try to figure it out next summer. Everything else is running great though, couldnt be happier!

IMG_20170813_173436999_HDR by nick arend, on Flickr

IMG_20170807_122602006 by nick arend, on Flickr

IMG_20170807_124648358 by nick arend, on Flickr

IMG_20170807_064114409 by nick arend, on Flickr

Snapchat-427666085 by nick arend, on Flickr

Solo trip, limit by 9am

IMG_20170821_093715804 by nick arend, on Flickr

Watermann

Super nice catches!

Yeah rotten boats and the goofs that risk theirs and others lives running them. :crazy:

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yeah rotten boats and the goofs that risk theirs and others lives running them. :crazy:

Murphy's law was in play for them that night. Bilge pump fuse blew from the water in the back, motor ran out of gas and kicker motor wouldn't start. They were lucky to switch tanks over before going under. Two younger guys, both were ready to jump in and swim (shoes and socks off, life jackets ready).

Status
Not open for further replies.