Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Nothing. I keep trying to give it away. I been doing interior on the chevy.

Attachments

• 20200130_143102-640x640.jpg
    20200130_143102-640x640.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200130_182745-640x640.jpg
    20200130_182745-640x640.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 4

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I did my 68 Plymouth seats a bunch of years ago with Legendary Auto kits it was a fun and satisfying project. Makes the interior new again. Yours came out great. My wife and I have been toying with selling the Plymouth to fund a bigger boat but I have owned it for 27 years and it is a really cool old Mopar. It is not getting used and is being ignored so we shall see. I drive my other toy car an 88 300zx much more. Enough with the cars is it boating season yet!!!!!!!

chevymaher

Commander
I did my 68 Plymouth seats a bunch of years ago with Legendary Auto kits it was a fun and satisfying project. Makes the interior new again. Yours came out great. My wife and I have been toying with selling the Plymouth to fund a bigger boat but I have owned it for 27 years and it is a really cool old Mopar. It is not getting used and is being ignored so we shall see. I drive my other toy car an 88 300zx much more. Enough with the cars is it boating season yet!!!!!!!

Yes it is Legendary seats. Thank you. Mine hasn't been driven since I got it 20 or so years ago when I took it apart. I will never get rid of it. I am happy just seeing it sit there. It should finally run this summer.

Boat is done and ready. I just need warm weather and I will be floating. I checked the boat today. Dry and not a flake of snow on it. This is my first and probably last boat. I think the way I take care of it. It will last mine and my sons lifetime.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well ya see you are WAY AHEAD of me. I am really looking forward to my kids, wife and grandchildren getting on a taking a ride.
Plus 1 fish. So ya se you are blessed...and I'm not a religious guy. :faint2:

chevymaher

Commander
Well ya see you are WAY AHEAD of me. I am really looking forward to my kids, wife and grandchildren getting on a taking a ride.
Plus 1 fish. So ya se you are blessed...and I'm not a religious guy. :faint2:

Last year I was just riding around alot. Never fished one time. More concerned with learning to boat and will it blow up again. This year we gonna fish alot. My wife rode one time the rest of the time it is me and my son.

My buddy with the bayliner he told me I was a rare boat owner. I lucked into the right boat the first time. He is the one who told me I wont ever get another boat.

He wanted my boat I have now as his first boat. But they wouldn't take the trade in vehicle he had and bayliner would. It was a 3 liter capri.

He learned the hard way. Left it out no cover in the rain to much. He said if he had taken care of it he would still have it.

Only reason I would get another is like I said ocean. And then it would have to be alot bigger Like Micky's boat. Bedroom kitchen camper on the water that could handle ocean storms.

But for here Ohio and Licking rivers. And lakes. It is as fast as conditions allow. Good mileage. It is the perfect boat for where I live and boat.

My brothers Baja is nasty fast but you can't use it in alot of lakes it is to fast. Other places flat wont let it in. River is the only place you can run it and that beats you to death. His cruise speed is 10 MPH faster than I do. It is a beautiful boat. Takes 2 at least to launch and retrieve.

I do everything by myself easy as pie. A boat this size has its points. Rides nice carries more people than I ever care to bring.

Alot of how you use a boat dictates what you need. I just cruise and look at the scenery. Listen to the stereo. This year we gonna go up stream and float where the fish are.

Other concern is like I told mickey. If it was 2 foot longer it would block the garage door. I couldn't have it. Boat is 17.7 foot with the swim deck it is 22 foot. Boathouse is 22 foot long and it is exactly as long bow to swim deck. Count the trailer tongue and it is getting kinda longish. Then the fact I got a tractor hooked to it to move it around. It is as long as the house.

So I guess this is my year one review of owning a boat. I am a satisfied customer. Many thanks to all the great people here who made it possible. (For me not to sink the first time I hit a barge wake.)

You go Kevin you will get there and be happy as a pig in slop once your there.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
See, if you move to the OCEAN you'll have to move over to The Hull Truth! 😨 I gotta say, that place can be entertaining sometimes but god it makes me tired. At least here people can spell. And they proof read....... most of the time....... Kevin! :D

Cheers....................Todd

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
See, if you move to the OCEAN you'll have to move over to The Hull Truth! 😨 I gotta say, that place can be entertaining sometimes but god it makes me tired. At least here people can spell. And they proof read....... most of the time....... Kevin! :D

Cheers....................Todd

My spell check has spell check.:) Wat dat mean?
I agree with your comment about the hull truth. Can't seem to find consistent meat to chew on there.

mr300z87

Well after my post about your seats yesterday the wife and I decided now is the time to post the Plymouth for sale so we put an add on Facebook market place and with minuets there were more responses than we could handle. Maybe my price was low? A guy from Philadelphia venmoed me a deposit site unseen last night and came to pick the car up this morning with a wad of cash! I had to say good by to an old friend today. Going to miss it 2014-11-29 13.22.14.jpg At least now I have the cash to fix the 7.4L our Sea Ray. Have a great day

chevymaher

Commander
Well after my post about your seats yesterday the wife and I decided now is the time to post the Plymouth for sale so we put an add on Facebook market place and with minuets there were more responses than we could handle. Maybe my price was low? A guy from Philadelphia venmoed me a deposit site unseen last night and came to pick the car up this morning with a wad of cash! I had to say good by to an old friend today. Going to miss it At least now I have the cash to fix the 7.4L our Sea Ray. Have a great day

Wow I couldnt do that. Sweet car. I took a break on the car to build the boat. That is as far as that is going LOL. Boats are cheaper than old heaps.

mr300z87

Actually this is really more about our future goals and down sizing. I am sad its gone, this to shall pass. I still have a daily driver Maxima, a Ram pickup for boat hauling and my other toy a 88 300ZX, hence my screen name (used to have an 87). I think car went to a good home.

Moving on!! Looking forward to getting the boat engine repaired, driving in the Z to the boat and out on the Bay for a few cold ones. Nothing left to do but smile smile smile!!!!