Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Well as the Meme implies it is time for wnterization. Started it warmed it up ran -60 anti-freeze through it 6 gallons of it. Then drained the block and exhaust.

Put her in the carport double covered her. Put up tarps for the blowing snow that is coming . There will be more tarps once it starts snowing. Sleeping beauty is resting till Prince Charming kisses her in the spring.

I had a 4 dollar cheapo temp sender it worked as long as you didnt bump the wire. I took it out and ordered the 30 dollar original equipment one. It is on the way.

Got my repel in it. And mousetraps. Repel is a power that actually has wolves pee in it to keep animals (Mice) away.

Tank is full with fuel stabilizer. Emptied the tactors tank. Ran it till the carb was out of fuel. Tarped it up to.

It was a good summer. Now down to the garage I am ordering new interior for the chevelle. Got to go through what I got and need. Hood hinges came goinns fool with those today. Always something.

Attachments

• photo322170.jpg
    photo322170.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo322171.jpg
    photo322171.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo322172.jpg
    photo322172.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo322173.jpg
    photo322173.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 8

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I feel bad for you all up there having to winterize and all ...
Im still swatting mosquitoes down here .....

oldrem

Commander
Had to break down and cover mine up for the Winter on Sunday. With all these days in the 40's and some nights dropping into the 20's I'm done until Spring

chevymaher

Commander
Had to break down and cover mine up for the Winter on Sunday. With all these days in the 40's and some nights dropping into the 20's I'm done until Spring

I could have went some more. I had a good summer. And I am not wearing a coat to boat. I am real happy playing with the chevelle now. It says 27 sat here. Me and the boy been hiking by the lake it is perfect weather for that now. Every season has things to look forward to if you like doing them. And we do like everything here.

Boy is so cranked up he can't wait to play with the snow blower. I remember that age. Snow was the thing. I am older but I still enjoy my snow and ice. Building igloos. Snowmen. Winter is when you hit the pool and climb the repelling walls at the sports center.

I put in the new temp sender the other day. I put a new wheel bearing in towmater today and a alignment.

I think the boy wants to try and kill himself on a sled this year.

It about time to mulch leaves and pull bulbs, cut things to the ground. I did build a set of shelves in the corner for the boating stuff. There is a ton of it that isnt in the boat. Extra life jackets fishing and camping gear.

We had a good 24 hour rain. The new boathouse and tarps the boat is bone dry and with the new drain I put in the ground under it to.

chevymaher

Commander
giphy.gif

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
damn i woke this mornin sitting outside with a fan and shorts on ... sweatin here in fla at 5 am :)

chevymaher

Commander
Okay that works. This is the boat my uncle and his brother used as kids when it was new. It has sat in the barn its whole life. It is mohagany wood. Tires are rotted off no motor. But they are both really old and his brother is selling his farm so it needs to go bye bye. He really wants to see it restored and used is why he offered it to me. I dont have room or it be in my back yard now. It has been glassed on the outside somewhere in its life. This is just so you can see it since I mentioned it.

Attachments

• photo323247.jpg
    photo323247.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo323248.jpg
    photo323248.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4

chevymaher

Commander
I had a split in a pleat. Machine didnt walk right and the stiches were to close. I had the seat together before woody said that was bad on someone elses post. I made new pleats took it out. Put the new piece in and reassembled the boat. Now would be the time right it isnt moving for a while.

Yea my uncle said it is beautiful looking still maybe a could pieces need replaced on the seat deals. I wanted to put a trolling motor and battery on it and use it at the lake that dont allow gas engines. But wifey said OH NO you dont got room. 4 cars and a boat was enough. I hate when they are right.