Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
I won't go out on weekends. I will pass on the ramp traffic. But tomorrow I stocked up on snacks and sodas take the boy fishing. see if he can get his first fish.

But the reason I am posting actually. My mail lady and the UPS Guy came by. They wanted me to go look at a boat for them. It is almost the same boat I got 86 tho.

They looked at mine i showed them the spots to look out for. I told them I woud go with them just got to be earlier before my duties start.

chevymaher

Commander
Well I took the boy out to fish. I saw this and backed the trailer in. I hit the key so the depthfinder turned on. it was sitting on the bottom while it was on the trailer.

The dock is literally sitting on a mud bank it isnt floating. They really slacking at Fredricks landing wilder ky. This should have been dredged a month ago. Last year they did it. I got the picture of my first splash the dredging machine was there.

I didn't want to get it stuck in fornt of the dock and need a tow truck to get it back on the trailer what a joke. If the river isnt flooded you can't use this dock anymore they are not maintaining it.

So we parked the boat and truck and did some bank fishing. Didn't catch anything. Somehting little was eating the worms tho. He wants a fish so bad he can't see straight LOL.

Attachments

• photo317840.jpg
    photo317840.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • photo317841.jpg
    photo317841.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 4

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Man, that sucks... is there another ramp nearby? Maybe your next project can be to attach your chevelle to the boat and make it an amphibious vehicle lol

chevymaher

Commander
It is terrible. I saw that and thought really. 2 women from the city were looking at it. Stop looking and do something. It is a joke.

They saw me go down the ramp and back in. Then a truck came to look and saw me across the lot at the picnic table. Uh yea fools do you job I was smart enough not to be stranded on the sand bar of sorts. They quickly left when they found out the boat wasn't stuck.

There is a post on facebook they posted the same picture I did. They ain't saying nothing nice.

No there are other ramps. I just don't want to drive 45 minutes to get to them. This one is 10 minutes from my house. There are lakes closer than the ramps for the river.

I am gonna look at them all tonight.

It is supposed to rain tonight and some next week with luck enough to get the river up enough to put the boat in.

chevymaher

Commander
Wow! Is that a Tidal river ?

No it is a creek joining the licking river. They dredged it out. Made a ramp. With the side pool of water there you see. It is nice if they take care of it. Has a jetty that blocks waves from barge traffic. I admit barge traffic is not alot. But they are there.

It is not a tidal situation. There is barge traffic on this river. It isn't the river level is to low, it is lack of maintenance of the actual ramp. There is 2-3 foot of mud on the actual concrete ramp.

Deal is when it floods it is a side pool and the silt and mud settles. Happens every spring. Then they dredge it and it is good for the summer. Well this year they just didnt do it. Water in the river is at what they call normal pool. It is still 2 foot above normal pool now. Flood been over for months and months fish are done screwing now.

When it is cared for people launch 30 foot boats from here.

They wait till june 30th to dredge for the fish to spawn. Uh come on guys the fish hatched and are adults now.

chevymaher

Commander
I was out while i was working. I saw 4 boats going out. Facebook clued me in with picture memories. The 3rd was when they dredged it last year. I know one thing after being on this forum and restoring one. Wow some of those puppies look rough.

I gonna take a ride down the boat ramp see if the mud is gone yet.

chevymaher

Commander
I did go and talk to the head of the parks dept that day. I got the rundown why this happens. We low on the totem pole. The rich guys get the dredge first we got to wait.

I did go by friday to see if they were gettin er done. They were one lane is clear. I won't go on weekends don't want to deal with people. Just rather enjoy my time. No lines. Go work fools I will boat.

Not trying to be mean. just stating facts. I been with other people on weekends at ramps. I will pass.

But then there was water and the dock was actually floating WHAT.

I charged the tractor and the boat today. In the morning the boy and me make a attempt at going out.

Been 10 days getting the shakes LOL.

Attachments

• photo318613.jpg
    photo318613.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo318614.jpg
    photo318614.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
  • photo318615.jpg
    photo318615.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: