Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Here is the sky on the cloudburst. That was the amount of water in the carpet only in the shop vac. It is clean now and soon as the sun hits that carpet it is bone dry in minutes. Ropes shoes towels everything all draped everywhere drying. And of course my son having his first boat ride. Wow son sit still all that running back and forth is flopping the boat around. He had the time of his life.

Yes the capacity plate being the top of the must do list is a good thing.

Well back out to supervise the drying.

Attachments

• photo316114.jpg
    photo316114.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316115.jpg
    photo316115.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo316116.jpg
    photo316116.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316117.jpg
    photo316117.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316118.jpg
    photo316118.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316119.jpg
    photo316119.jpg
  • photo316120.jpg
    photo316120.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316121.jpg
    photo316121.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3

chevymaher

Commander
I hear thunder in the distance it is going to t-storm the ones they were predicting not the fluke one that covered 3 city blocks I got caught in.

Boat is dry I covered it and got it in the boat house with a fan going under the tarp. drive oiut the dampness.

The Admiral said God Baptized the boat for us.

Well back out put the full cover on and the tractors on.

oldrem

Commander
We've been having similar weather. Poured like crazy last night right after work for most of the evening, beautiful today while at work, tomorrow thunderstorms predicted most of the afternoon and more for the weekend. This Summer sucks so far.

chevymaher

Commander
We've been having similar weather. Poured like crazy last night right after work for most of the evening, beautiful today while at work, tomorrow thunderstorms predicted most of the afternoon and more for the weekend. This Summer sucks so far.

But for me a better summer than last year or this spring. I am all about a ton of work drying off the boat rather than it just sitting there. I had a blast I am sure it is just fine.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Funny- I had the same thing happen to me a little over a week after I put the carpet in the Chap. Pulled the boat out of the river and didn’t put the boat cover on. Nasty storm hit about 10 minutes from home. Drenched everything. Had to back it in the garage still pouring. Spent hours with the carpet cleaner sucking up water. Glue residue was pulled through the carpet making the fibers stiff when it dried. What a mess.....that glue!! The carpet still is not as plush in some areas because of that surprise storm!! Ugh!!

chevymaher

Commander
Funny- I had the same thing happen to me a little over a week after I put the carpet in the Chap. Pulled the boat out of the river and didn’t put the boat cover on. Nasty storm hit about 10 minutes from home. Drenched everything. Had to back it in the garage still pouring. Spent hours with the carpet cleaner sucking up water. Glue residue was pulled through the carpet making the fibers stiff when it dried. What a mess.....that glue!! The carpet still is not as plush in some areas because of that surprise storm!! Ugh!!

So far so good carpet actually looks new again now the dirt is gone. I saw the alert for a message. I am busy patronizing IBoats store. It is a sickness I tell you. LOL. I am about to buy a skeg gaurd.

I fess up I got a fan in the skii locker running since that part didnt get sun. I just went out and crawled in there. It is bone dry. Just the edge of the bow hallway. It is under the carpet and wood with a fiberglass bottom. Taking a few to drain. It about done.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Getting all that water in my freshly restored Boat really pissed me off. Lol. But I guess it was bound to happen, just wish it wasn’t so soon after I was finished, lol.

chevymaher

Commander
Getting all that water in my freshly restored Boat really pissed me off. Lol. But I guess it was bound to happen, just wish it wasn’t so soon after I was finished, lol.

LOL Oh it was the end of the world there. Just a few sprinkles on the glass. Got docked and was running to the truck made it 50 feet boom I was dripping wet it rained so hard. There was 1/4 inch of water running down the ramp to me. I thought really? It is to late.

I though OMG Big Rot On Golden Pond. Then I got home I walked over to the piece of wood I glassed and abandoned to the elements as a guide to what happens if they are neglected. Just laying on its side where the water runs for 2 years so far.

My wife said it was just getting baptized. Yea I wish it hadn't happened. But it did and it is over. It is alot better put together than it was factory. Alot better cared for than factory. And it lasted 30 years being totally neglected.

LOL I had the tarp on it and was toweling the seats off. Then on my way to the shop vac LOL.

My brother said he is going out tomorrow to get caught in a downpour.

chevymaher

Commander
I got the admirals deck shoes and a life preserver.

I got the boat back together and covered again. It is dry.

Towmater busted a gas tank strap so iIbe fooling with that.

And the steak on the grill shot LOL.

Attachments

• photo316199.jpg
    photo316199.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo316200.jpg
    photo316200.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Went out today. It is alot more fun when stuff isn't blowing up or monsoons on your head.

I used the new tractor with gears as opposed to the hydrostatic trans. Much better.

Next trip the Admiral may go. It hasn't blown up in a while now.

Soon as the keel gaurd comes I thinkin it time to put the power 2 prop on and see what that does for it.

I must say mickey is right. 3 liters got their points. LOL. I may have to put gas in this thing by the end of the summer. I like it alot better than filling it everytime I use it. I still only used less than 3/8 of a tank.

And when it got home a wash and towel dry get the Jim Beam and dead fish off of it LOL.

There was enough wood at the mouth of the lickin river to build a castle. Wow that one dude was 4 foot in diameter and 30 foot long you could see. God only knows what was under the surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKR2T5HsCE&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• photo316583.jpg
    photo316583.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316584.jpg
    photo316584.jpg
  • photo316585.jpg
    photo316585.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316586.jpg
    photo316586.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316587.jpg
    photo316587.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316588.jpg
    photo316588.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316589.jpg
    photo316589.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316590.jpg
    photo316590.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo316591.jpg
    photo316591.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo316592.jpg
    photo316592.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 3

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very nice to finally see the fruits of your labor and get out and enjoy. I liked the Led Zeppelin sound track in the video what is better that a cruise on the river with classic rock blasting..

chevymaher

Commander
Very nice to finally see the fruits of your labor and get out and enjoy. I liked the Led Zeppelin sound track in the video what is better that a cruise on the river with classic rock blasting..

Thank you. All my vehicles have the same music. Mostly classic rock but some newer stuff in there. Pink and whatnot. I use SD cards and flash drives. The boat has the original stereo still a sony kicker with a 780 watt Kenwood amp. I burn CD's for it.

My skeg gaurd is due tomorrow. I got the capacity plate today. I been foolin with the new tractors trailer hitch strengthening it up.

Tubes came for the new tractor I be doing that tomorrow.

Admiral is now all on board for the boat ride. Tomorrow it thunderstorms and we need rain here. Ground it cracked and dry. But she got 3 days off I am sure one be a boat day.

Attachments

• photo316645.jpg
    photo316645.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0

Baylinerchuck

Commander
So where does one get a capacity plate. As far as I know, my 1990 20’ Chap never had one. At least I never found a spot where one was located when I did the restoration. I mean, the PO kept boat of the year and the marina where it was purchased stickers on the windshield, but no capacity plate. :crazy:

chevymaher

Commander
So where does one get a capacity plate. As far as I know, my 1990 20’ Chap never had one. At least I never found a spot where one was located when I did the restoration. I mean, the PO kept boat of the year and the marina where it was purchased stickers on the windshield, but no capacity plate. :crazy:

It may have just peeled off over the years. Mine is looking rough. If you grab the loose edge it would peel right off. Ebay has metal ones.

https://garzonstudio.com/boat/capacity-decal.html

I was given this place during my restoration and I pass it to you. It has a bucnch of different ones. You type in what you need. And they make and send it.

I would look into one Chuck on a boat our size it is a coast Gaurd reg to have one in the years we got. Mine and my buddies bayliner were both in the bow hallway, Coast Guard says easily visible to the driver.

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
I redid my capacity sticker at the same place (above link) too. Mine goes directly in front of my throttle lever. It's nice to have it all nice and new looking.

Enjoy the boat!