Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Okay today I got the engine in and lined up. The outdrive on and prop.

In the pics I painted the ground where the trailer wheel and chock was. To make it easier to back in I put yellow tape over it. Made it drastically easier to back the boat into place with the motor hanging from the tree.

Second one is the new tractor. I need to raise the trailer hitch. Spare on the trailer isn't touching the ground but it real close.

Attachments

• photo315760.jpg
    photo315760.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photo315761.jpg
    photo315761.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3
  • photo315762.jpg
    photo315762.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3
  • photo315763.jpg
    photo315763.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3
  • photo315764.jpg
    photo315764.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3

chevymaher

Commander
Awesome.....now if it’ll ever stop raining!!!

Well it stopped for now here. But by the time I can go it is supposed to start again.

Well I guess I didn't do anything today. I was trying to reduce the pictures scale so the site accepted them. And i deleted them. So with out pic it didn't happen.

It is a done deal. Interior in. Admiral works nights so I can't start it. Yet.

I had a nice write up planned. I got a milk crate and carpeted it. Upside down it is perfect for stepping into the boat from the dock. So you dont step on the interior. Flip it over when your out makes a perfect trash recepticle. Being carpeted on the sides looks like it is part of the interior. I will get pics of that tomorrow.

I was going to just stash garbage bags for it under the seats. Seeing as the port o potties use bags if you really got to go it is perfect and as good as what they sell.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I got a milk crate and carpeted it. Upside down it is perfect for stepping into the boat from the dock. So you dont step on the interior. Flip it over when your out makes a perfect trash recepticle.
How do you get out of the boat back at the dock?
:laugh:

chevymaher

Commander
I get back from getting the admiral from work I going to vacuum it it before she goes to sleep. Then clean the interior real good. Then the outside and trailer . Got to look good when I blow this motor up in a few days.

I will get the pics of the hillbilly engineering step.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I get back from getting the admiral from work I going to vacuum it it before she goes to sleep. Then clean the interior real good. Then the outside and trailer . Got to look good when I blow this motor up in a few days.

I will get the pics of the hillbilly engineering step.

Hillbilly or not, it's actually a brilliant idea... I'm gonna need to make me one of those

chevymaher

Commander
Well today I washed and waxed. Vacuumed and did the interior. OMG even cleaned the trailer.

I got pics of everything. It sure is easier to pretty her up than doing it the first time. So she waxed and wont need another till she put to bed for the winter.

The Milk crate I used the same carpet as in the boat. It is a plastic milk crate I just stapled it to it. Seems to be how boats are made anyway. Just take the seat out while staging. Put it back in after everyone is in at the dock.

Rest of the pic are of cleaning. I had fun. She will look good when this engine blows up.

Attachments

• photo315868.jpg
    photo315868.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315869.jpg
    photo315869.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315870.jpg
    photo315870.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315871.jpg
    photo315871.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315872.jpg
    photo315872.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315873.jpg
    photo315873.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315874.jpg
    photo315874.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315875.jpg
    photo315875.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315876.jpg
    photo315876.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315877.jpg
    photo315877.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315879.jpg
    photo315879.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315880.jpg
    photo315880.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2
  • photo315881.jpg
    photo315881.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Wow Chev that sure does look like a fun boat! Bet you're excited to hit the water again!!!
Where ya gonna put the tp holder?

chevymaher

Commander
Wow Chev that sure does look like a fun boat! Bet you're excited to hit the water again!!!
Where ya gonna put the tp holder?

Under the seat with the bags LOL. we hope it never needs used. Make it to the marina or something. But if there a emergency it always nice to have something.

It is a fun boat for 5 minutes then it blows up and you limp back to dock. But it always made it back.

We shooting for a new record now. A whole tankful and that be the reason we got to come back.

I am excited to hit the water. I was checking the safety gear today. Life jackets check. Horns check. Marine radio and charging port check. Cleaned out the cooler check. Safe for ice and drinks. Anchor and 6 mile of line check. Boom box check.

I was laying cleaning the rollers on the trailer today. Got a good whiff of the smell of the river water. Which believe it or not smells exactly like the ocean, My wife grew up on the ocean and fished as job as a child. She is a expert on what oceans smell like. We were on the levee and we both said it at the same time. Notice how the river smells just like the ocean.

The little boats with the side floats. That was her and her dad when she was growing up. I lived over there with her twice. 6 months one time. These are the boats they take way out in the ocean, Water comes in and they bail it with buckets.

Attachments

• photo315893.jpg
    photo315893.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2

oldrem

Commander
Under the seat with the bags LOL. we hope it never needs used. Make it to the marina or something. But if there a emergency it always nice to have something.

It is a fun boat for 5 minutes then it blows up and you limp back to dock. But it always made it back.

We shooting for a new record now. A whole tankful and that be the reason we got to come back.

I am excited to hit the water. I was checking the safety gear today. Life jackets check. Horns check. Marine radio and charging port check. Cleaned out the cooler check. Safe for ice and drinks. Anchor and 6 mile of line check. Boom box check.

I was laying cleaning the rollers on the trailer today. Got a good whiff of the smell of the river water. Which believe it or not smells exactly like the ocean, My wife grew up on the ocean and fished as job as a child. She is a expert on what oceans smell like. We were on the levee and we both said it at the same time. Notice how the river smells just like the ocean.

The little boats with the side floats. That was her and her dad when she was growing up. I lived over there with her twice. 6 months one time. These are the boats they take way out in the ocean, Water comes in and they bail it with buckets.

Was she on yours for any of the trials - or waiting until it's proven?

chevymaher

Commander
Was she on yours for any of the trials - or waiting until it's proven?

Admiral is smart. She ain't going out till I am going all the time and happy. But i know she is ready she real cranky we bought a new motor and it was "JUNK" as she referred to it. LOL she said you mean they didn't even start it to see if it was good last time.

chevymaher

Commander
Well i am in the ri er sitting at rhe dock. Waiting for my bayli er buddy to come. According to the hourmeter i already run it lo ger than anything else ever made it. And all i got to do is start it to go back out. Wow what a conceptuh