Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Lol, yeah I was off the forum for a bit, busy running all over the place and the boating season in South Central PA was horrible. Rain, high water, cooler temps, lol. Got some more stuff done to the Chap that I’ll be posting soon.....(teaser).
your routine looks like mine right now, lol. Rain, rain, then more rain and cold fronts. Keeps the AC bill low, but not good for my psyche.

One man's bad boating weather is another man's perfect grinding and glassing weather :laugh:

chevymaher

Commander
One man's bad boating weather is another man's perfect grinding and glassing weather :laugh:

Same area as last time. Soccer fields picnic tables and track for walking. You could glass up a storm here.

Attachments

• 20190618_103100-640x640.jpg
    20190618_103100-640x640.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

chevymaher

Commander
The Batphone rang. Hey cheif you gotta phone call ringtone. It was the motor guy. He said it is about to get shipped. They started it ran it took it back apart and inspected. Put it back together and run it some more.

I put a new oil pump and pick up. New oil pan and valve covers. And All I got left to do is put the intake back on the preferred towmater. That is alot of work got to drop the front differential to do this.

So it be going out monday I believe. Motor has oil and additives in it. is tuned has my wiring on it. He said I got to hook 3 wires up and it is set.

chevymaher

Commander
I got the call from the shipping guy it is or has left today. I havent got my tracking number yet. He said one or two days to get here. I hope it is the next 2 days I got to go out of town thurs.

I bought a used snowblower. It was in the garage while my brother and I did bodywork for years. Just FYI High build overspray really puts a hurt on things. I soaked and rebuilt the carb today. Fires first pull now. Ready for winter.

chevymaher

Commander
Now the excitement builds. I got my tracking number late last night. It has made it to the terminal destination and ETA for delivery is today.

LOL of course it has been raining buckets the ground is muddy so it gonna be a trick to move the boat. I got to go out of town. Renting a car even for it. But it be going in as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks Micky I be getting pics of it in and splash pics as soon as weather and normal life permits. There be more truck pictures later today if it is on time.

Main goal this time is be dependable so I can get the wife and son on the river. It is killing my little island girl not being able to go on the boat.

chevymaher

Commander
I got another tractor now I been foolin with it all day. Another freeby. it runs but needed sone lovin. Took the deck off it wont be cutting grass anymore. Fixed the brake so the boat dont cruise over the hill. steering shaft isnt flopping anymore. Had a busted trans mount bolt. I redrilled and tapped that and got it reattached. The other tractor is fine but it has a hydrostatic trans. So it goes 30 mph or it dont move. This one has actual gears 6 4 of which are various granny gears. reverese is also a granny. Much better for moving a boat into position for the truck.

See even tho it isnt a boat everything i been doing around here is boat related. Rebuilding the preferred towmater. tractors. Okay squeezed in a snow blower.

I got a call from the shipping co a few hours ago. It be here tomorrow they said. Missed the boat today. Pun intended.

chevymaher

Commander
Well it is here. Now i cant do anything and got to go run errands. But i opened it first.

Attachments

• photo315594.jpg
    photo315594.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo315595.jpg
    photo315595.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4
  • photo315596.jpg
    photo315596.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 4

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
AWESOME, So glad you got it and may enjoy the river!

th

chevymaher

Commander
I think it's time to drop everything and get that puppy installed - NOW! :laugh:

I wish it is swampland here now from the ever lasting rain. I got to go out of town tomorrow. Now after that it is on like donkey kong. The swamp should be solid enough by then.

AWESOME, So glad you got it and may enjoy the river!

Thank you kcassells I am actually looking forward to going on the river. And my biggest problem is I got to fill it back up.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You OWN it!
Again very happy for you and the Mick for kickin some butt and helping all of us out with your input!
Ps...don't tell Mick I said that. Ya know...over inflated head syndrome stuff.