Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Chev,
Now you have me thinkin!!! I better put on a kicker just in case.
attachment.php
Did the new motor show up yet?

chevymaher

Commander
Talked to my engine guy today. Him and the guys at the shop reviewed all my pictures I sent. It was unanimous whatever went wrong wasn't my doing. He said crate it back up and they get it shipped.

I was in the middle of painting my house so it wasn't happening today. I will put it in a pallet/crate tomorrow.

Making progress I want to hear. I just got to wait a little longer.I am good I got things to do for a while anyway.

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
All good news. This way you can get some brownie points with this admiral while
waiting for it to come back ;)

chevymaher

Commander
Okay I got 2 calls from the motor place today. I like that they interested now.

I went to my buddies farm and got scrap wood and palitized the motor.

He schedualed it to be picked up today so tomorrow is probably it. Since it was late call in.

Attachments

• photo313979.jpg
    photo313979.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo313980.jpg
    photo313980.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
  • photo313981.jpg
    photo313981.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3

chevymaher

Commander
Houston we got a problem............beep.

I was wrong. I no sooner finished posting the truck called. I guided the semi through my subdivision. We got it loaded up. And Elvis has left the building.

Truck driver said you packed this. I said yep. He said omg I wish everybody did. I told him did I mention I used to work on a loading dock. He smiled.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Whoa Dude slow down! At this rate you'll be back on the water before I will! :)

Cheers.........................Todd

chevymaher

Commander
Well tracking says it was delivered today.

I ordered 2 outdrive gasket sets. I figure I pull the engine every time i go on the river. Now I can go twice.

No really I tore one last time putting it on I would rather have a spare.

Last night we had a 60-70 mph winds in a thunderstorm. For the first time i was glad the tree was gone. it would have torn something out of it and thrown it on the truck or car.

Yes I was out there with my towel drying the cover as the rain came down sideways. Getting under the carport. We ain't having no more rot thank you very much.

chevymaher

Commander
I got a e mail form my engine guy. Seems there were signs of heat on rear 2 cylinders. Front to were actually seizing up when it was shut off.

They got anther motor in the machine shop being prepared at the moment.

I just look at the boat alot. I replaced the fresh water inlet hose. fooled with the speedo hose outside. In a holding pattern.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Just caught back up again on your continuing saga. Crazy turn of events with that motor!! Glad you’re trying to stay positive throughout all this. Hopefully you’re back on the agua soon.

chevymaher

Commander
Just caught back up again on your continuing saga. Crazy turn of events with that motor!! Glad you’re trying to stay positive throughout all this. Hopefully you’re back on the agua soon.

Thanks Chuck. How you been? Off the grid a while.

Yea getting bent don't help. Just got to take the punches and roll with it.

Nobody will be going out here for a while. This is the creek at the park, I took the picture from where the park vehicles cross the stream. I could launch my boat now. River is going back to flood stage it says. Nothing but thunderstorms for 2 weeks. It soothes the savage beast knowing I couldn't go if it was working. No harm no foul.

Or this is the silly little games I play to make it okay in my mind.

I check the boat, look at the chain in the tree. Check the weather, the river level. Hell who I kidding i am dying to go out LOL.

Attachments

• photo314816.jpg
    photo314816.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 2

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Lol, yeah I was off the forum for a bit, busy running all over the place and the boating season in South Central PA was horrible. Rain, high water, cooler temps, lol. Got some more stuff done to the Chap that I’ll be posting soon.....(teaser).
your routine looks like mine right now, lol. Rain, rain, then more rain and cold fronts. Keeps the AC bill low, but not good for my psyche.

chevymaher

Commander
I was on facebook. Random advertisement from rapido marine. Heavy sigh. That is where I got the motor for my van. It is a great reliable motor. Dont use oil. But they didnt advertise the 3 liters.