Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Hab

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Cool read CM, the level of craftsmanship you put into the mini-boat is staggering, let alone the big boat. I cant wait to see you on the water dodging trees again.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
chev i still have not ironed out the camera spot , i know where it needs to go i just dont wanna do the work involved to get it there, hahaha , i still have yet to fish anyplace because all the cruising i did last weekend i had not one single hit on fish finder, either icw is dead or my fish finder skills are in need of upgrade:)

chevymaher

Commander
I was gathering free parts for the preferred Towmater.

I got a oil pan set of exhaust manifolds and valve covers. I can get anything else I can think of i want off of it to.

And as Jeff Foxworthy would say. You might be a Red Neck if you pull the body off to get these parts.

Me and my old running partner had a blast today. Like the old days. LOL we were terrors.

I will clean and paint these parts for mine and be much more gentle putting them on LOL.

Attachments

• photo311752.jpg
    photo311752.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311753.jpg
    photo311753.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
I have noticed something. A man having a boat is alot like a woman's shoe closet.

You just got to go through the boat isle every time you hit the store. Buy things you already got. The old one was used once and will sit forever.

In this spirit I bought new tie downs for the boat in the back. Why I had to get them. Each one was rated to hold the entire weight of the boat. So 2 of them the strap in front and a chain. This baby should be secure.

The old ones went into the boat parts box as a just in case part. Yea get sticky from sitting in the weather all winter. That's what you get in the box for you.

Attachments

• photo312329.jpg
    photo312329.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo312330.jpg
    photo312330.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Nice ! Matching color ! :cool:

LOL yes thank you. Actually what I was there looking for. I was thinking if they got some that match. Didn't need them but they were heavier than what I got and they matched. Bonus. My pocket started smoking threatening to spontaneously combust at that very moment.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Was in the sporting good section at wallyworld a couple years back . They had a few really nice heavy duty Atwood tie down set marked down to 15 bucks .. Reg price was over 60 bucks ... I grabbed 2 . Wish I had grabbed the last one on the shelf ..
Just goes to show always check out the discount rack ! You’ll never know what you will find ...

chevymaher

Commander
I went to Cincinnati today. Since it is on the way I went by the boat ramp. YIPPEE in the last 3 days it got put in. Tomorrow I am going to my buddies house and adjust the outdrive on his boat. It is having going into reverse issues. No biggie know what it needs to compensate for the slack in the cable.

Any who I be on the water real soon. in my boat his boat somebodies. It is time.

chevymaher

Commander
Aparently Posiden thinks I suck azz and need to be in restoration a while longer.

Well I went out and splashed the new motor. I went up river with my luck I figured i needed to at least be able to float back.

I was right. It lost power I turned around. On the way back it was having trouble coming back on plane. It finally fell off plane. Made it back to dock at least. Smoke all in the back of the boat.

I opened the engine cover oil everywhere. Took the spark arrestor off. Hit the key vroom idled like a champ. big stream of white smoke coming out of the valve cover.

I came home took the exhaust off looking for a blockage as I was advised by Mickey to do. Pulled and checked plugs. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Called the engine place. They are starting a claim. I going to do a compression check and I ordered a borescope to look in the cylinders.

I got to pull it and send it back once i inspect it for a warentee replacement. I talked to the guy I got it from he is being very good about it so far. We talked and I explained what all I did. He said it dont sound like i did anything wrong. It sounds like the motor was just to tight.

Anyway after court basically if i am found not guilty. I have a crate sent to me I send it back and they fix or send another one.

Anyway it goes this years boating is shot for me. By the time it is fixed it be over this year.

New hourmeter. it had 20 minutes for cam break in, 4 minutes somewhere setting idle and timing and such. 12 whopping minutes actually going down the river.

I got more time out of the last engine.Frozen cracked block and it lasted alot longer.

Attachments

• photo313133.jpg
    photo313133.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Dang Chev ! I hate to hear that ! Hope all warranty stuff works out in your favor !
Someone should do something about that Murphy dude ....

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sad news for sure, I hope the warranty claim goes your way!

.... 12 whopping minutes actually going down the river.....

Not that it's a competition, but you're 12 minutes ahead of me for the season so far. :)

chevymaher

Commander
Thanks all. It isn't good whatever happened. I did a compression check 1-75 2-50 3 and 4 were 120.

even with the plugs out it cranked slow. something is hurtin for certain.

Why a long turn around is. I got to diagnose it. Make sure I know and document what it is. For warentee. I waiting on the borescope. to come next week. then I got to pull it and strip it put it on a pallet. week to get there. They gonna look at it and go Duh a while. Then build me a new one send it back. I got to put it in. this gonna take months I am sure.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sucks... that's all I have to say about it!
I heard that there may be Uber boatsd soon?