Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Think of all the bass hanging out around forest gump stump. :watermelon: Summer time!

I think your right may have to take the boy fishin this weekend the old fashioned way. Walk down the bank LOL.

Well in the remainder of the I am allowed to work on what I want to period in life. I took what ever you call the gizmo that pulls the boat in onto the trailer. Took it apart sanded painted and greased it. Good as new it had some lookin funky rusty spots. We ain't going for show winner on the trailer just look decent and no rusting.

In the tractor picture I was charging. But the bare metal that was the worst part of the trailer. No paint just rust. That is the hardest part the rest looks good a scuff and paint is all it needs again just stop the rust. I am using 3 part epoxy frame paint that is actually for musclecars. But i know this stuff you can hit with a hammer and it isnt going to rust where the paint is.

Last picture is what the rest of the trailer looks like. A breeze. Hardest thing is the admiral awake and no rain at the same time. So I can run that monster compressor I got for the paint gun.

For this particular task the gun with the paint cup that flips upside down. Also a frame tool I picked up along my travels.

I am going to put a big piece of wood under the trailer and use jack stands get that thing up off the ground make it easier to paint crawling in that mud.

I know one thing even tho I can't go boat yet. I don't mind saying it makes me more than a little uncomfortable knowing the trailer is apart and I couldn't move it "IF" the right opportunity arose. Like the river went down 25 feet overnight and the trees floated to the dam. Just sayin. It could happen got to be on your toes.

Attachments

• photo311118.jpg
    photo311118.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311119.jpg
    photo311119.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311121.jpg
    photo311121.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Well today was like a demolition type work day. There some dedication here. Look at the slop I was laying in.

I got the wheels cleaned and the trailer sanded. Now if it would ever stop raining I can paint it.

Good thing I got this boat if it keeps raining i wont have to launch just unhook it from the trailer.

Winch is back together now and aint she pretty now.

Attachments

• photo311280.jpg
    photo311280.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo311281.jpg
    photo311281.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo311282.jpg
    photo311282.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo311283.jpg
    photo311283.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo311284.jpg
    photo311284.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2

chevymaher

Commander
Busy guy playing in the rain!:mad-new:
least it's not snow!!

So very true. Alot better than snowing. My wisteria is blooming right now I like that.

And you know your a boat-a-holic when. It is thunderstorming. Raining hard outside. It is 2:30 in the morning. So you get dressed grab a flashlight and go into the rain to check the boat. Just to make sure no water is getting on the cover. LOL sick puppy I tell you.

Now I am wide awake. Only thing i got to do today is detal the trailer wheels. Wax the paint real good keep the rust down to a roar and put tire shine on the rubber.

Good deal is apparently whoever just did a bunch of work on the trailer. All the parts are marked like when you buy parts. Got that paint maker on them saying where they went.

And after sanding I see my trailer was a dark grey with 2 matching the boat wine colored pinstripes originally. It will be black with white lettering now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looks like we got your rain here for the weekend! Cover is holding up well. So back at it says !!

oldrem

Commander
Can't seem to catch a break here. Predictions are Saturday low 40's dropping to low 30's with chance of snow. Sunday low 40's. Depressing

chevymaher

Commander
Here either the river is supposed to go back into action stage which is flood stage just not into the roads yet. the creek down the street is up and about to cover the soccer fields in the park.

I got the trailer wheels waxed and tire shined now. So once the trailer is painted I can put them in the mud i showed in the picture LOL,

chevymaher

Commander
Nice work on the trailer, here at the NJ coast all trailers need to be galvanized otherwise the salt water turns them into rusty powder.

Thank you.

I am up and all figety now. It stopped raining last evening and is supposed to be clear untill I am finished today. I am putting my mud boots on and going out to mask that puppy up for paint. One thing we know for sure. There wont be dust in this paint.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just a thought ...
You know what happens when you wash and wax your vehicle....:rain:
Maybe same karma applies to your boat ....:noidea:
Everything is looking great Chev !
I’ll wish some of our weather your way ! ☀️

chevymaher

Commander
I am so tickled. I got the stickers on. I am taking of off the jack stands and torque the wheels. It looks 1000% better. I got pics and will post when I get upstairs.

I got gutters going on today to. So it is busy busy here.

LOL yes it is supposed to rain tonight and all next week sphelps. I am happy happy tho. It is getting dunked on a muddy river anyway. I think it looks amazing but it is mine and I am biased.

chevymaher

Commander
It was raining as the gutters and downspouts were finishing up. I got the boat and tractor tarped up it all good.

Attachments

• photo311407.jpg
    photo311407.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311408.jpg
    photo311408.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311409.jpg
    photo311409.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311410.jpg
    photo311410.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo311411.jpg
    photo311411.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
LOL I don't got to river is coming to me. Really it is flooding again at the moment, It says 80's for temps this week that should dry things out. I am a Ky Native. It all good I can wait. Wont be long I be getting a big garage roof up.

I have been thinking of driving to a lake if this don't straighten out soon tho.

I kinda caught the drift last year. Until it hits normal pool Sherwood Forrest is out there floating around. But 50 degrees raining and wood in the water don't sound like a good time to me.

Attachments

• photo311446.png
    photo311446.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 0