Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Okay I had a geat morning and was expecting to start it tomorrow. I got the wires all done. Then I tore the outdrive gasket. Thing that sux is no place near here marina wise and it is a boat. No One selling anything related to a boat is in a rush we will get it to you before august we swear.

chevymaher

Commander
Yes it does LOL. But at least day after tomorrow i can continue. it wont get here tomorrow if it does at all before I am out of the Boat working time zone.

chevymaher

Commander
Well tracking said fex ex will get the gaskets here by 8 tonight. So I got enough done I will get the battery in and vacuum the carpet and put the engine cover back in. Then start cleaning interior and doing the teak for The year. wax the cap get that over with.

I just cant adjust the cables or start it yet killin me.

chevymaher

Commander
Gaskets came while I was exercising riding the bike, It all good now tomorrow try not to rip it fighting the alligator.

Today I vacuumed it out. Put the batt in and finished the electrical. Put the new tags on the dash marking everything.

I got the USB and Cig lighter outlets hooked up. I tested each the phone charged without blowing up.And the marine radio worked perfectly without the battery pack. It has a cute little light to let you know it is on.

I got my radio set. It looses memory over the winter with no battery. That is fine I sure am not leaving the batt in. Put it on the bench and keep it warm and charged over the winter. Only takes a few minutes to set the silly thing.

chevymaher

Commander
LOL well I was ready to go. Then a 65 MPH thunderstorm and tornado warning. Torrential rain.

It over now but i am waiting for the water to run off some

sopwithcamel74

Petty Officer 1st Class
We got rain last night, but the rough stuff is tonight, tomorrow and probably more Sunday.

You're getting close, Chevy. You'll be back on the water in no time now.

chevymaher

Commander
We got rain last night, but the rough stuff is tonight, tomorrow and probably more Sunday.

You're getting close, Chevy. You'll be back on the water in no time now.

Yes I will thank you. I got the outdrive and prop on now, Looks like rain is over for a while.Soi I gonna open the boat up and see about adjusting the gears or what ever the proper "MARINE" term is. Then make 56 runs to the gas station and get gas in this thing enough to start it.

Which won't be today the admiral works nights and is sleeping.

I been slacking on pics or it isn't happening portion of the program. I got some pictures today, I can"t post on the shop computer. I ain't going through the site drama. Upstairs computer got the picture reducer the site likes. So news at 10 as they say.

chevymaher

Commander
Okay got pics.

I got the outdrive and prop on as I said. I got the gears adjusted it is perfect. And it took a million times in and out of the boat.

Rest of the day was driving for 70 buck of gas 5 gallons at a time. If we remember last fall I sucked the boats tank dry with the electric fuel pump. It took 9 gallons to be in the center of the red zone line. 16 gallons is 3/4 on the money. It is full now. I think it has a air bubble in the tank because of the angle it is sitting. It only took 25 gallons.

Secret to not ripping the gasket on the outdrive seemed to be. Jack the trailer way up so the outdrive goes in straighter. Yep got to remember that tidbit next spring. Yessirreebob.

And yes I was sitting out there in the rain doing the outdrive.

Attachments

• photo310524.jpg
    photo310524.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo310525.jpg
    photo310525.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo310526.jpg
    photo310526.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo310527.jpg
    photo310527.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo310528.jpg
    photo310528.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo310529.jpg
    photo310529.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3

oldrem

Commander
When I would fill the Carver I used 3 5 gal cans at a time - each trip out fishing was usually right around 15 gal, so just kept the 64gal tank full.

chevymaher

Commander
LOL took my son down to see if the boat dock was even in. Nope. Got a low water level warning and they dont dredge till june 30 memorial day. you can use it before that just got to back out with the outdrive up