Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Ohhh Just do another boat Chev. :D

LOL let me finish this one first. And second admiral already said one boat I don't got room for another.

So I got to find a place to quietly stash stuff first.

I like you and mickey's style if I get another. Butt hutt and cooking facilities. Ocean boat as the admiral calls them. We got the river/lake day boat thing covered now.

chevymaher

Commander
Well alrighty then. I got the motor. Did the X Mas thing. Now I got to read the warentee fill it out and send it back.

Attachments

• photo308927.jpg
    photo308927.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308928.jpg
    photo308928.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308929.jpg
    photo308929.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308930.jpg
    photo308930.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308931.jpg
    photo308931.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Niiiiiiice! your really ending up with a new barge Chev! lol

or wait, is this some camera trickery and this is actually a scale model for the model :lol:

chevymaher

Commander
See ya next week or two. Have fun!!:D
LOL not so fast there. I can't move the boat to get it in it is to muddy to move under the tree. I got to put it together. No dock yet is aprilish she said. And water is near flood level now.

I got to put it together. Clean it from working. Buff and wax paint the trailer and put the 4 winns emblems on the trailer. I got things to do yet.

Memorial day if the official start here. But I be ready when they are LOL.

chevymaher

Commander
I spent more time rearraiging the garage and cleaning things than working on the motor. Cherry picker was buried under 2 years of fiberglassing supplies and boat parts.

Cleaning the oil pan up took quite some time it was a mess.

I had to take the saws all to the pallet so the cherry picker could get over the engine.

I got the old engne off the stand. New one on it. Oil pan and push rod covers on. manifold on. Water pump.

And I got the basement clean from all the leaves of winter while I was doing the sawdust of the pallet. I took the pallet outside as I tore it apart.

Admiral is alot more enthusiastic about projects when the garage is actually cleaner than when i started. Who said you can't teach a old dog new tricks.

I will be putting the chains in the trees and starting the tractor soon.

Attachments

• photo308972.jpg
    photo308972.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308973.jpg
    photo308973.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308974.jpg
    photo308974.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308975.jpg
    photo308975.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo308976.jpg
    photo308976.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2

chevymaher

Commander
I been sick so no work today. I must be the best advertisement for the tent I bought as a boathouse. It just took confirmed 75 mph winds and a tornado warning. It was ripping the blue tarps I had for gables off some but the main structure took it just fine.

chevymaher

Commander
Should help dry things out - unless you're getting rain with it like we are. Get well!

Thank you. Oh I imagine we are getting it like you. Took the admiral to work. Rained and haled so hard I couldn't see the hood. Wind blew the van sideways from a dead stop 3 feet into a curb. I was headed for a bridge to sit under after that.

Now that was a adventure.

sopwithcamel74

Petty Officer 1st Class
We were on the highway just over a year ago when a system blew through. When we got back in town we discovered that it had done a fair bit of damage around the county, including leveling an auto parts store that I frequented down to the bare foundation. Half the local meteorologists called it straight line winds, the other half said it was an EF1 tornado.

Couple weeks later they busted a guy trying to sell stolen parts from that store online. Can't say that it wouldn't have been tempting to snag a few parts, but glad that I didn't :)

chevymaher

Commander
My brother came over last night to get paperwork to renew the tags on his car. I am working on it. Anywho. He said the wind that moved the van was probably a tornado the saw on radar that did not touch down. Because the sighting and it happening were inline and the right time. They evacuated the mall to the basement over that.

Oh well it is over I suffered no damage to property cars etc. Florida has hurricanes calif has earthquakes. we get little spinny things occasionally. I lived here all my life and closest damage with lives lost was 40 years ago and 10 miles from me. They sound scary but they just tear things up a little mostly. Trees and shingles off of roofs.

LOL in the philippines there was a typhoon while i was there. I was outside doing something. My wife and her father saw me come in. She translated what he said. Basically why wasn't I afraid of the storm and going outside. I laughed. I said wait til we get where we going we got thunderstorms meaner than this and tornadoes that make this look like a summer storm.

Sure enough thet very spring I am looking in the parking lot of out apt. I yelled get in the bathroom with the baby. I sat and watched one toss a tree down LOL.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am feeling better I think the flu bug is passing. My wife said last night well now it will get warm spring is here. It does this silly stuff every year. Now a ton of rain and the river will flood. then in april when the river goes down again they will put the dock in. I got a little time to finish the odds and ends.

But the tent/boathouse is perfect. Snow is the only thing that is a pain with it. Got to keep more than a few inches knocked off of it. Not hard to do. Stand under it and shake it. It is just you got to be up in the middle of the night to do it.

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Glad you're feeling better.

.......But the tent/boathouse is perfect. Snow is the only thing that is a pain with it. Got to keep more than a few inches knocked off of it. Not hard to do. Stand under it and shake it. It is just you got to be up in the middle of the night to do it.

How well did using the brine to treat the tent work out?

chevymaher

Commander
Glad you're feeling better.

How well did using the brine to treat the tent work out?

Brine actually did a real good job. It was melting and not getting thick for a hour before it diluted it.I will be looking into brine formulas next year.

chevymaher

Commander
I did get some done today. One of the reasons I am in no great hurry is the muddy yard. I can't move the boat to get the motor in. The ground under the boat is literally a creek when it rains. In the pic it is still slightly running. it gonna be a while before that dries up. It always takes a while in the spring when it thaws.

I got the flywheel, coupler, housing, and dust/water sheild on. After I got it off the engineSxtand and onto the cherry picker.

Attachments

• photo309078.jpg
    photo309078.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo309079.jpg
    photo309079.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2