Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Tidy Bowel sits on the stereo in the living room these days where i can see it. And think soon the dock will go in.

Well I got real boat news today. I made the deposit and the invoice was sent to the machine shop. Custom build motor for the real boat. It is a oddball that was only made 3 years so they don't keep it in stock. But i am getting the exact motor it had.

Attachments

• photo308085.jpg
    photo308085.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You model cam out awesome look forward to seeing the Chevelle model complete. Wish I had more free time to build models but 8:30 AM to 5 PM + an hour commute, work days get in the way of all my fun.

chevymaher

Commander
You model cam out awesome look forward to seeing the Chevelle model complete. Wish I had more free time to build models but 8:30 AM to 5 PM + an hour commute, work days get in the way of all my fun.

That used to be me. 16 hours doing construction then driving back and forth. Now i play with cars and boats LOL. Got to learn how to work this getting old thing.

chevymaher

Commander

Well it almost done now. I going to redo the top. Not pleased with that paint. But it wasnt a vynal top model so like the boat I was ad libbing.

I used a air brush and leftover paint on the model for the stripes and color. Well I use that clear on everything. I just thinned it dramatically so it didn't cover bodylines and details. Been there done that.

I got my 4 inner tubes for the tractor. So I gonna start on that tomorrow. It is getting a oil change and the valve cover gasket tomorrow.

Oil pump and gasket set coming for tow mater. I got to go to a buddies house and pull valve covers and oil pan off of a wrecked on he has and exhaust manifolds. Mine has rust holees in the valve covers and oil pan isnt far behind. She been the winter duty vehicle since new. Salt kills them.

But since she looks so good hooked to the boat i POR15 the belly pan and did major rust repair and paintwork last year. She just getting some more sprucing up this year.

By the time all this goes on hopefully the back yard mud pit will dry so I can crawl under the boat and start sanding the trailer in the hard to reach spots.

It is getting here tho.

Attachments

• photo308300.jpg
    photo308300.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo308301.jpg
    photo308301.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo308302.jpg
    photo308302.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo308303.jpg
    photo308303.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Well worked my tail off all morning. More boatish stuff to. I put all 4 tubes in the tractor tires. Changed the oil and filter. Wow that was some nasty stuff I wonder if they ever changed it. It was free for a reason quit cryin it runs great huh. I took the valve cover off and Hammer and dollied it. Made it flat again so it would seal. Tightening a leaking seal till metal is coming out the edges is not the answer.

Then I cleaned all the electrical connections under the hood. Oiled all the cables. Greased the steering gear and all the under the tractor linkages in the mud. I was having a good time.

I went over the trailer get it in my mind what I got to do for paint. That gonna be a breeze. 2 days max. I greased the wheel bearings last fall so that is ready.

Back is sore from wrestling tires on and off in the mud. But i had alot of fun playing with the boat. Excitement is sinking in it is almost time to splash again.

chevymaher

Commander
Talked to the boat engine guy. He said it is done waiting for the ship date of the 7th.

My son and I did the us thing and shopped in the boating isle a while. Got us both a set of deck shoes made of wet suit material. And assorted fishing tackle.

I ordered on E Bay a usb cig lighter deal. 2 USB's and a cig lighter. Lighter for the marine radio I got hand held. It has batteries and the plug in adaptor. The USB's are for phones. I got a silly amount of boat apps. GPS maps and speedo weather you name it.

And a bunch of UV protected labels for the toggle switches that you long since couldnt read.

I am ready lets get this show on the road. I want to do what Mickey is already test and tune.

Attachments

• photo308653.jpg
    photo308653.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Here at the Redneck Yacht Club our motto is. "We handle our business and business is good."

Todays hillbilly home remedy is home made brine. Like they spread on the streets. Except this is for the tent boathouse gang.

Hot as you can get it water mix and dissolve as much salt in it as you can get. Little dawn for dishes. Heck I even put some rubbing alcohol in there just to see if I could catch something on fire.

Take a pump up plant sprayer and spray the top of the tent boathouse arraignment.

As Ol Jed Clampett use to say EEEE Doggies lookie there. Snow wont stick melts and runs off.
jed.jpg

jed.jpg

fetch

chevymaher

Commander
never had snow on my tent:)
LOL I hear you.

Well I lived here since I was born except far a few short away times. And I here now and got to do what I got to do. I really wish I was on my property in the Philippines still. I live on the ocean there. Hear me KC I own property on the equator on the ocean LOL. I miss it there. But until we retire we stuck here slavin away.