Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

oldrem

Commander
We got 8" of the white crap yesterday. Had to hand shovel most of it due to snowblower problems. Just contending with 5 deg temps and -11 wind chill right now.

chevymaher

Commander
We got 8" of the white crap yesterday. Had to hand shovel most of it due to snowblower problems. Just contending with 5 deg temps and -11 wind chill right now.

10 here. Going down to minus something tonight. I just went out and was very pleased. Drive is salted and melting off decently. Boat and boathouse is good. Road is hammered so I got to use the tahoe till they salt that. It looks like they did plow it. Last night it was over the car going by's tire and half the hubcap.

It is a skii type powder snow and blowing where it wants to. I paid my penance last night. I am wore out i am not even going down and fool with that model. I in till I got to go out take the admiral to work tonight. I already got the tahoe windsheild scrapped and clear. So Just start and warm the beast up for her.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
30's now with lots rain then a jump to 13. Going in ot/weather tonight to protect the health of the nation and watch the ice man cometh!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I gave up shoveling snow this year. Found a guy who rebuilds lawnmowers and snow blowers on craigslist. Rebuilt Craftsman 5 hp, electric start....$250.00 w/warranty. Used it on a little fake snow and it was nice.

chevymaher

Commander
I gave up shoveling snow this year. Found a guy who rebuilds lawnmowers and snow blowers on craigslist. Rebuilt Craftsman 5 hp, electric start....$250.00 w/warranty. Used it on a little fake snow and it was nice.

My wife saw a guy on You tube using a lawn tractor for a plow. I been getting ready for that. I got a set of chains for the boat tractor. Buddy of mine up north makes them and he is going to walk me through putting a plow blade on the front. Use a plastic 55 gallon drum cut in half.

I got a electric snow blower now. It works fine. It is just easier to use the shovel most of the time. I break it out when it is a thick wet heavy snow.

Truthfully my biggest snow objective this summer is getting a new carport. I found metal ones that are 2 car for a grand. The durango is being prettied up body/paint wise. And graduating to only being used for boat duty. I got the tahoe for snow winter duty now. I can't lie I wanted a back up boat pulling machine in case I need to work on one of them.

So the durango and boat will have permanent out of the weather parking. They carports are heavy metal roof and can take all the snow mother nature can throw on them. Which will be nice I wont have to be up in the middle of the night making sure the tent style boathouse is snow free and wont collapse.

chevymaher

Commander
I mentioned my son wanted his own fishing rod. A new one. Not one used by a old fart like me. So I got it for him today.

Here is the progress on the tidy bowl boat.

I been working on my vehicles lately. Just a bunch of maintenance. Valve covers and air filter on the van that you got to take the dash out of to do anything. I filled them all drove them and made sure they were completely warmed up.

I getting real excited bout the new motor it gettin real close now.

Attachments

• photo307504.png
    photo307504.png
    719.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo307505.jpg
    photo307505.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo307506.jpg
    photo307506.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo307507.jpg
    photo307507.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2

zool

Captain
I can see the CL add for the 1st pic.....Pickup, boat and trailer for sale, needs minor cosmetics.

tidybowl came out great!

chevymaher

Commander
tidybowl came out great!

Thank you Got rails teak windshield outdrive left. I got the swim deck done i am painting that now. Then I gonna get the stand looking more presentable.

Its final destination is on the stereo next to the TV in the living room.

The re-deck screws photo just seemed appropriate today.

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That boat model is cool, I have been building model cars since I was a kid, and have built models of my 1968 Plymouth Satellite and the Datsun 280ZX I once owed as well as many others. In my collection I have just about every muscle car/sports car/PU truck I ever dreamed of owning all un-built kit waiting for my retirement. LOL I have dreamed of building my boat but a from scratch build is out of my wheel house, when I look at a blank piece of paper all I see is a blank piece of paper!!!! Your scratch building skills are very impressive. Looking forward to seeing how you do the windshield and outdrive. Have a great night

chevymaher

Commander
That boat model is cool, I have been building model cars since I was a kid, and have built models of my 1968 Plymouth Satellite and the Datsun 280ZX I once owed as well as many others. In my collection I have just about every muscle car/sports car/PU truck I ever dreamed of owning all un-built kit waiting for my retirement. LOL I have dreamed of building my boat but a from scratch build is out of my wheel house, when I look at a blank piece of paper all I see is a blank piece of paper!!!! Your scratch building skills are very impressive. Looking forward to seeing how you do the windshield and outdrive. Have a great night

I was up and outdoing snow duty for the boat. Keeping her clean. The boathouse that is.

This is your fault tho. I was awake watching the snow. So i looked. I remembered your post about this. Seems Revelle just issued a 68 chevelle model. I ordered one. Wow really I been looking for one for 12 years. Die cast was all that was available and their prices went to hundreds of dollars.

I hope the boat and car are similarly sized. You know what that means dont you? I be building a boat trailer so my chev and my boat can be together LOL.