Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Went to X mas light display at coney Island last night by the river. River is nearing flood stage. I saw 500 yards by200 yards of literal trees in the river I mean full sized oaks type stuff. Get in there with the boat it may close up and your are there till you got help pulling them apart again

Oh well back to work on one of the tow maters tahoe needed fuel lines/

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
OCEANNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnn.....lol! Happy Christmas Chev! [h=1]Santa to tour the Clarence in a SES flood boat[/h]
images

chevymaher

Commander
OCEANNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnn.....lol! Happy Christmas Chev! [h=1]Santa to tour the Clarence in a SES flood boat[/h]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com\/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG2QlWqGRBTAYiyyqF5n7FEOyltWk76ryyAnVxmL47rg0cM86C"**[/IMG2]

Merry Christmas. I was out looking over the boat before I came in. Boat said something along the same lines. Ya know we could move where i don't got to sit 4 months.

chevymaher

Commander
When I started my boat someone said the smell of fiberglass gets into your genetic code. You like the smell after a while.

Well I got the tahoe tomater fuel lines on and it is done.

So this Hillbilly had nothing to do. I needed a project. And being true to myself 2 conditions must be met. One it is going to be extremely rough and time consuming. And I miss the smell of fiberglass.

I started a model of my boat. I made a rough shape of the hull over the last few days with a hot glue gun and cardboard.

Today I glassed it with CSM. Then soaked it in water and messed with getting all the cardboard out.

It is 47 degrees and I did it outside. OD'ed it on the hardener. Still wasn't kicking in the right amount of time. So I put a heat gun on it, LOL it turned a caramel color and it was catching the cardboard inside on fire. Smoking big time LOL I had a good time with it. It is hard now by golly.

Once i get it straightened out a little more I will start fairing compound(bondo) and use the electric board sander on it. That should speed the outside of the hull up considerably.

Some people are sick with these boats if you know what I mean. But it is winter and I am bored.

Attachments

• photo305866.jpg
    photo305866.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo305867.jpg
    photo305867.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3
  • photo305868.jpg
    photo305868.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3

oldrem

Commander
Electric motor and RC - ??? I have 2 RC boats I haven't run in years, but they were a blast.

chevymaher

Commander
Electric motor and RC - ??? I have 2 RC boats I haven't run in years, but they were a blast.

That sounds like a good idea. I was just making a regular sit on the shelf model.

Now i got to find a boat to canabalize for the motor and controls

chevymaher

Commander
Well watching You Tube videos of other people riding in their boats only gets you so far.

I still fooling with this boat model a couple hours in the morning. Wow making chines is a beotch.

Starting to look like something now.

Attachments

• photo306085.jpg
    photo306085.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo306086.jpg
    photo306086.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo306087.jpg
    photo306087.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Still dinkin with this model of my boat. I painted it yesterday. OMG it was horrible. 99 cent rattle cans sux azz. Had to strip it all back down resand it. Not as good as it was but it is a model I can deal with it. Bought better paint and went at it today. I can live with it.

I going with a single boot stripe. Now the four winns and the registration gonna be a pack a lunch ordeal. Then start on the cap.

Tomorrow admiral said take the X Mas decorations down and put them away.

Bonus for the new motor is this check or the next one. Whenever work gets it together LOL. I am good they don't put the dock in till May 1st I think.

More waiting than working this year. Got to say I like it. Maybe next year nothing just wait for warmer weather.

LOL can you tell I am soooo Boooored.

Attachments

• photo306338.jpg
    photo306338.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306339.jpg
    photo306339.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306340.jpg
    photo306340.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0