Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
You're angry when you have to open the wallet to replace those parts, but trust me, you'll never regret doing it afterwards. I had to use my left hand to force my right hand to click order when getting the transom seal kit, but now that I have it, I wouldn't do it any other way.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i bought my transom kit the day i brought home the trophy 8 months later and a total rebuild im a week or so away from possibly using it lol

chevymaher

Commander
i bought my transom kit the day i brought home the trophy 8 months later and a total rebuild im a week or so away from possibly using it lol

It is a learning experience. Hell if I knew what I know now i would have tested it with out the engine in there. Oh there is the leak LOL.

This what I was talking about Now I will be waiting for part. It is my first boat but not first restoration. As was said hind sight is 20/20.

In a week or so back to the lake to float it again.

chevymaher

Commander
Mad Props Mad Props please report to the service desk. Well how is this no work but pics is that balancing out things some for ya.

next tues the lastest thing arriving I ordered. Hinge tool is the thing I want to see the most. I can take it apart and sand and paint the pieces keep me busy a while. Lots of pics of me making a cocoon of the boat to spray the parts staying on the boat.

Hinge tool arrives sat it says. Tues is when the last of the various other things arrive.

So with luck next week splash take 2.

Outdrive obviously had one of these stingrays on it before. The holes drilled in it match perfectly.

Attachments

• photo296037.jpg
    photo296037.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo296038.jpg
    photo296038.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Wow, thats crazy... I wonder what the odds are that they decided to do that the day after amazon prime day? Coincidence??? I THINK NOT!

oldrem

Commander
Actually, UPS is still under it's current contract until July 31st - so supposedly they can't strike before that.

chevymaher

Commander
I am so excited it will be just like spring again. Instead of waiting for 70 degrees I will be waiting for parts LOL.

chevymaher

Commander
Glad to see your project this close to the end.....I’m super excited for ya!!!

Thanks Chuck. I got the shift cable. Hinge tool is MIA should have come yesterday.

Hey Micky I been using up the left over resin on the rusty ol tow vehicle. LOL.

We go right by the landing when we scrap. Stopped there on the way by 7 trucks with trailers there killin me.

chevymaher

Commander
ole tow'mater gettin a make over?

Yep it is doing the durango thing. Rusting like crazy. Rear door/tailgate? Shuts solid now. It was basically in 2 pieces rattled when you drove. Bunch of CSM and resin it is solid again. So little more bodywork and it be ready for paint. I got the wheel well done and ready.

It is a loosing battle with this poor ol thing. But I love it and gonna battle it as long as I can. I am probably going to get another one. Just pay the premium price for one with no rust. This one was wasted when I got it from my brother 7 years ago. That is the reason he got rid of it.

Be much easier to keep rust free if It started that way. POR15 then undercoat it. Things I did that to are making it. But it already got into the seams of things before I got it. It was a good truck to us tho.

She will look good and pull the boat for years to come tho.

My hinge tool and the rubber water thu gimble seal are out for delivery. It is raining today. So tomorrow I can take it apart and sand everything for paint. Clean the bellows surfaces. At least I can do something.

chevymaher

Commander
Bellows kit is in Cincinnati. That is a day away and 4 miles to you and me mere mortals. Waiting is killing me. I am about to just go drive around with this thing.

I got the hinge tool. Now if the T-Storms will stop tearing things apart i can do something today.