Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Thank you woody. I am shopping around for different things. Monday is the scheduled day for disassembling the gantry and loading it to bring to my house. It is killing me can we get this show on the road already.

chevymaher

Commander
Well I was just out there with a towel drying the outer cover off. It was raining monsoon style here. They said inch and a 1/2 an hour. So I am soaked.

LOL see it is getting taken care of. I am drying it as it rains. 2 complete covers and a roof over it and i am drying anything that gets on it off. Tomorrow I will take the tarps off and make sure nothing got in it.

We are back to regular old rain now falling down. Not horizontal to the ground. So we should be good now.

I hope this lets up so they can get the gantry apart tonight so I can go get it tomorrow.

chevymaher

Commander
Well I was fine when I had to wait all weekend. Now i know i am getting the gantry. I am a hyper diaper. Can't sleep again. I guess if it stops raining i will take the rear seats and engine cover out today get it ready for the big event.

I can't wait to hear this thing fire into life either Micky. From what i see online I imagine it will sound like the mercruiser in my van. I like that sound.

Boathouse did well last night after being moved. We had a good storm tearing branches out of the trees. Ripped my poor wisteria in half. I had to go out and put a rebar up to hold it on one side. But the tent made it unscathed. King Canopy tents are da man.

It is going to t storm all afternoon so it is going to be a severe mud pit by the time i got to move the boat. Park was flooded up to the road last night. So I imagine the river will be a mess with debris a while after this one.

CaptNewbie

Seaman Apprentice
I feel you on the storms chev, we been getting the same ones but looks like your getting the worst part down there. I'm hoping it all clears up, we're traveling to Wayne WV tomorrow and it'd be nice not to have to make that 4 hour trip in storms and I know you and the rest of us on here really want to see that engine bolted up. Good luck and I hope to see good news when I get back Friday.

chevymaher

Commander
About to leave on the road trip to get this. Found out it is a hour north of me by my brothers work. One exit away from Kings Island. Things we go through for our boats LOL. But at least it is getting done.

chevymaher

Commander
Got the gantry together motor in. Then took the gantry back apart get ready to bring it back to the owner.

Attachments

• photo294361.jpg
    photo294361.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo294362.jpg
    photo294362.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo294363.jpg
    photo294363.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo294364.jpg
    photo294364.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo294365.jpg
    photo294365.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo294366.jpg
    photo294366.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Sweet! Bet you can't wait now! Looks like even that big gantry barely got it up and over!

chevymaher

Commander
Next is new territory for me. Using the new tool and lining this thing up. Get the front motor mount screwed down. I imagine that gonna be a all day deal.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Its not too bad... I can be a workout tho... in and out of the boat a billion times tweaking the lower adjustment nut. You'll get it tho... just make sure you don't drill the mount holes until you have the rear engine mounts installed because that will provide your lateral alignment... all you can adjust once they are lagged in is up and down.

chevymaher

Commander
It really was nice. Well worth the wait to use it. It is a heavy Mo-Fo tho. Assembling it alone will wear you out. I bet it weighs 500 lbs all together.

Now i got to drive 2 hours getting it back to the owner. But well worth the time.

chevymaher

Commander
Its not too bad... I can be a workout tho... in and out of the boat a billion times tweaking the lower adjustment nut. You'll get it tho... just make sure you don't drill the mount holes until you have the rear engine mounts installed because that will provide your lateral alignment... all you can adjust once they are lagged in is up and down.

That is the plan. I got the rear nuts snug. I will torque them tomorrow. It looks fairly straight looking in through the gimble. Tool slides in nice it is close already. Just got to fool with it a while learn the system.

It isnt drilled yet. On the motor mounts I going to drill them get them in. Take them back out and pour some resin in the holes and put them back in. That ought to seal them.